Chapter XXVII - Safe and Sound (Part one)

It was a pretty uneventful few weeks, at least in Kurt's eyes.

For Barry it was a whole different experience, now that he was the hero of Central City (even with allowance from Caitlin and Wells) and thus had a lot of different events including people like his old middle school bully (when he got caught Barry actually got Kurt to say hi from the other side of the celldoor—he enjoyed it as much as Barry did, for he had been bullied by him too), a weird guy who was a speedster too yet seemed to be one of the villains and Leonard Snart, an... interesting person to say the least.

Kurt jokingly made the suggestion that Barry should ask him out to which he got pretty flustered and they spent the rest of their phone call discussing if one: Was it even possible? Two: If yes, how best to do so? And three: Did Barry even wanted to, weighing the goods and bads of "Captain Cold".

Cisco was very proud of his nicknames but that was a whole other phone call.

There were many phone calls; at least one every week if not multiple. If something happened on Barrys side, he mostly called starting with the words "you're not gonna believe what happened today" and then rambled a summary of the villain of the week and how he defeated them.

If nothing happened Kurt would call out of boredom and they'd have discussions about villains—past and possible future ones and what deeds would make a villain irredeemable and what would be inexcusable and-

So, yes, Kurts weeks have been uneventful. Full of stress but uneventful. However today would be different.

Today Kurt had his first holiday of a whole week that he wanted to spent with Barry and because of that he got to Central City per train to not run late. He loved Barry but that guy would probably manage to run late to his own funeral, so he played it safe.

He got a cab that brought him to Star Labs and walked in there with his suitcase right on time to see how Flash brought in a guy in cuffs that Kurt recognized.

"Hartley? What did you do that you're in cuffs?"

The other just shrugged. "Basically blew up a building that belongs to my so called "parents"."

"Oh, no. Got anyone hurt?", he asked now directed at his boyfriend who shook his head and asked: "You know him?"

Kurt decided to answer while walking into the elevator of which the speedster had pressed the button shortly before: "Yeah, we met here in Central. Kind of your fault, because I was here for you when you where in your coma. We ran into each other quite literally, I spilled his drink and offered to buy him a new one. And then we became friends."

"You just wouldn't leave me alone until I told you of my problems just so you could tell me all about yours."

"Yes, isn't that friendship?"

The doors opened the same moment Barry spoke up again: "Could you please stop talking to the criminal I just caught? Thank you very much."

Kurt just smiled at him. Barry rolled his eyes and they got out of the elevator, walking up to Cisco and Caitlin who were waiting for them to come, though Kurt certainly surprised them.

"Oh yeah, being scooped up by a guy clad in head to toe leather is a long time fantasy of mine so thanks."

And to that comment Kurt snorted.

"Well, well, well. The gangs all here. You've lasted a lot longer than I would have thought, Cisco."

"And you didn't last ten seconds against the Flash," retorted Cisco.

"Hm, I was thinking I'm calling myself Pied Piper."

"Hey, I assign the nicknames around here... Although that one's not bad..."