Chapter XIV - Cried apologies (Part two)

Please, come with him.

Kurt looked at his phone in confusion. What was Barry talking about? Why was this the first thing he said after this days of total silence?

"Uhm, guys? Se-Sebastian just texted me: "Could you please come to Lima Beans?" Sho-Should I go?", Blaine suddenly asked and Kurt realized what the text meant.

He sighed, put his phone away and stood up. "Yes, you should. And I am coming with you."

"We are too." Santana and Brittany jumped from the piano (whatever they where doing up there) and looked at Kurt and Blaine expectingly until they started walking out of the room, after checking if anyone else wanted to come with them.

Kurt drove them to the Lima Beans. All sat in silence even though Blaine looked like he wanted to ask Kurt something. He made some attempts but didn't do more than turning his head to his boyfriend and opening his mouth.

"Let me break it down for you." Santana was the first to talk when they got in front of Barry. She sat down at his table and continued: "From one bitch to another. All of this ambitious under headed crap has got to stop."

"Exactly, that's why I called you here.", Barry nodded. He didn't look at him but Kurt still saw and heard that he was not at all Sebastian-like. His shoulders were down, he didn't smirk or grin or even had some kind of... of evilness -Kurt couldn't find a better word for that in the moment- in his eyes. He was Barry and Barry seemed... regretful.

"First of all: Blaine, I'm sorry about your eye-" Barry said but got interrupted by Blaine: "That means nothing to me." "- Just give me a chance. I have no other excuses other than a lame prank got completely out of control."

That was when Kurt cocked an eyebrow in minor confusion. It was Barry acting like Barry sitting in front of them but he still didn't seemed like... Barry. It confused Kurt totally. There was something about that warbler that didn't quit fit but Kurt couldn't lay his finger upon it.

"Second: All Finn photos have all been destroyed." With those words his eyes flickered over to Kurt who had a straight face on the whole time. After all this time he deserved no smile, not even in the slightest.

"I want the warblers to win fair and square. And we're gonna take donation for the Lady Gaga born this way foundation. Win, loose or draw We're gonna dedicate our performance to Dave Karofsky. I thought, you might wanna join us."

He looked directly at Kurt when he said the last sentence and it confused Kurt even more. What happened that Barry changed this drastically? He didn't know about Dave or... did he? And why did he asked him if the New Directions wanted to join them? Kurt wasn't their leader, it was probably, in this small group of four Blaine or Santana because they were the lead singer and the cunning bitch that probably would kill someone if they annoyed her too much. Or was Barry not asking them but him directly because Barry knew that Kurt and Karofsky had a past together? He sighed silently. Barry was the manifestation of frustration.

He looked at him and then leaned a bit to Blaine. "Wait for the punch. You know it's coming." Maybe he could get more information out of Barry with that while still not directly confronting him.

"No, not this time. For too long, I have treated... everything like a big joke." He felt silenced for a few second and looked like he remembered something, then looked at Santana and said with little tears in his eyes, that Kurt nearly had missed: "It's all fun and games until it's not."

The four New Directioner stared at him for a moment, then suddenly Santana stood up and said: "Okay. If this was everything you've gotta say, we have better things to do. Let's g-" "Actually I have something else to talk about, but... with Kurt. Alone."

"Why?" Kurt and Blaine asked simultaneously.

"Just... please?" Barry looked up to Kurt with pleading eyes and that's were Kurt broke. He couldn't be so harsh to his best friend all the time, especially when he apologized so sincere.

"Okay. Here, take the keys. Please be careful." Kurt said and put the keys to his car in Blaines hand who looked up at him startled but then nodded and left with the girls while Kurt sat down where Santana has sat before.

"I am so sorry!"