Chapter XI - Chandler (Part two)

"What the actual-"

"No swearing in public! Here are kids!"

"He is an idiot. Has he seen those texts?"

Barry was sitting next to Kurt, his phone in his hand and an arm over the shoulders of Kurts. The chat room with Chandler was open and scrolled further up where the "flirt" texts started. A few minutes before the first one, there was written "Hey, can I practice some pick up lines on you? There is a guy I like and I don't want to embarrass myself."

Kurt: It's not me, is it?

Chandler: NO! Why would you think that?

K: Are you serious? I noticed what you did in that shop...

C: Oh, that. Nope, that was just me being overexcited.

K: Okay, phew. I knew my friend was overreacting with that, but he wouldn't believe me. Oh and yes you can try pick up lines. Should I comment on them?

C: Yes, please, that would be helpful. Thank you so very much.

K: No problem. But I want to know a bit about him. If you want (and promise not to squeal into my ear) we could have a call?

C: That would be nice. I would get my thumbs sore if I started texting about him.

"No he hasn't. He just assumed that Chandler was really flirting with me and not just trying to improve his flirting for another guy."

"And why haven't you explained it to him?"

"I wanted to, but he kept interrupting me and then, when he sang "It's not right but it's okay" in Glee, I-"

"He did what?", Barry laughed, "Okay, that is... I don't even know what this is."

"Stupid? Overreacting?"

"Yeah, something like that."

They both laughed. Barry then gave Kurt his phone back and took the ice cream from Kurts hand. He had given it to Kurt before he took his phone to read those messages and because he hadn't had wanted to take the arm, that was around Kurt, away.

As Blaine went home, Kurt called Barry but they didn't immediately talked about... the incident. Kurt wanted Barry to distract him and so he did. But when Blaine sang that song one day later in Glee practice, he left shortly after him but not to follow his boyfriend but instead call Barry who immediately knew something was off and invited Kurt to ice cream in the mall. He bought Kurt his favorites and they sat down in a quite corner behind some trees and bushes in the park nearby where they would be alone and could talk without someone interrupting or spying on them.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, licking their ice cream and listened to the sweet chirping of the birds. Barry was the first one who broke the silence after he finished his: "Sooo, what do you want from me? I mean, you never just want me to listen to you about the wrong doings of others. I usually have to make you happy, talk to that person or something like that."

Kurt looked at Barry quietly, then sank to the side and let his head lay onto Barrys shoulder, his eyes closed. "Just cuddle me. I figure something out myself."

"Oooh, little Hummel grew independent!"

"Shut up.", Kurt growled.

"Naah, I have too much fun with that."

"I hate you."

"I know you mean love~."

"Isn't that from a comic?"

"Oh my god, you did actually listen to my comic-rambles! I'm so impressed right now. First you grew up, now you tell me you listen to me! Wow."

"Hey, what do you think of me? Of course I have listened. It's hard not to, when you won't shut up about it and we were together all the time back then."

"Yeah... back then..."

Kurt lifted up his head and opened his eyes to look at his friend.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing, nothing at all. Just... with school and Glee and everything, we don't see or hear from each other so much lately. I mean, if it weren't for this incident with Blaine, we wouldn't be sitting here!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Barry. I would love to spend more time with you too but, like you said, there are so many other things to do."

"Yeah and then you're also leaving for college in a few months and I will be stuck here for another year!"

"Ye- Wait, what? I thought you would come with me to New York, to NYU while I'm at Nyada?"

"No, I have to go through another year here. I lost one because of all this stupid moving."

"Oh...", Kurt said, breathed in deeply and then said: "Then we have to do a lot before I go! We have a long summer ahead of us and I am not going to spend all of it with Blaine or my other friends. Let's see... We have to go at least three times to the theatre, one time to the amusement park, we have to binge watch a whole bunch of shows I hope you haven't seen yet or if you have you are willing to do again and-"

Barry interrupted Kurt before he began to really start with the planning: "Wowowow, I think that is enough for now. If we have done all that we can think of other things to do. Which shows do you have in mind?"

Kurt lightened up and -again- he deeply inhaled and started listing up his favorites.