Chapter XXVI - Identities

Kurt started to grin as soon as he saw Iris through the windows of Jitters.

"This is going to be so wonderfully heartwarming! I really wanna film it but I don't wanna ruin the moment with my phone in my hands and this is really frustrating but I can't really be frustrated because this is going to be so damn cute!"

Barry looked at him and chuckled as Kurt kept rambling on and hold the door up for him to go in first. He followed and was immediately hugged by a crying Iris who was in that moment the happiest she was in months.

"You're awake! Why didn't Star Labs call me?"

"I just woke up and we wanted to surprise you," Barry said pointing at Kurt and him with his thumb.

"B-but should you be on your feet? I-"

"Iris, I'm okay."

"Barry, I...," she glanced over to Kurt and continued in a much more serious tone, "We watched you die, Barry. You kept dying, your heart kept stopping."

He nodded to what she had to say, then took her hand and put it over his heart. "Here, it's beating."

"Yeah and pretty fast..."

In that moment, one of the waitresses tripped and fell just as Kurt was looking up from Iris to Barry and noticed his face slipping. He suddenly didn't smile any more and seemed serious, which wouldn't have been so weird considering what just happened and knowing Barrys kind nature, but it was... weird. Kurt couldn't find a better word describing it.

"Barry, you alright?", he asked then and put a hand on his shoulder but only got a not at all convincing "yeah, I'm fine" back while Iris asked her fellow employee if she was okay.

Iris then looked back at both of them and said, smiling broadly, that her dad's gonna be so happy to see Barry to which Barry smiled again too.

Kurt though was now really concerned and swore himself to keep a keen eye on his friend.

Quickly Iris asked her boss to get the rest of her shift off, got her stuff from the back and together they then made their way to the police department.

On the way there, Kurt noticed that he has never personally been there. He got a face timed tour through it by Barry once when he had to decline for the fourth time to come and look for himself—a tight schedule filled up with work, sleep, meetings and more work didn't allow for any traveling—but other then that he had never the chance to look for himself.

He glanced at Barry who was having a light chat with Iris. She was explaining what happened over the time he was in the come leaving Kurt walking quietly beside them. Barry smiled. The weird look he had before was gone which calmed Kurt for now.

He still had to talk with him about that but not now. Now he wanted Barry to see his friends, family and colleagues again.

No one really noticed him and Barry was too busy greeting his colleagues and answering some serious and not so serious questions so Kurt had a little time to order his thoughts.

He didn't really knew what this uncomfortable feeling was that made him uneasy whenever he thought about Star Labs, Wells or Barrys coma. It was a really weird feeling but the only thought process that made sense to him was that he didn't want to think about how Barry nearly died a hundred of times when he was in the coma.

Kurt glanced up to Barry and Iris who were surrounded by the policemen and -women. Now that he was awake, Kurt couldn't stay much longer in Central City. He sighed quietly and looked around.

Did he even want to leave? New York was always his dream city. It was the city for him but... Central City was also nice.

It was his home city. Where he was born and met Barry and Iris. Where he fell in love with Barry as a young teenager. Where they had their favorite ice cafes and secret spots in the parks that they thought only they knew about.