Chapter VI - the Truth

"But that doesn't make any sense. You were hitting on him all the time! Some days you texted more than he and I do! How can y-"

"Kurt, stop it."

"Kurt", laughed a voice and a bedroom -Kurts old bedroom back in Central City- was to be seen, "stop it!"

"You are rambling. Like always," he said, rolling his eyes but with a little, genuine smile, that confused Kurt even more.

"I don't know what you mean. I'm doing nothing at all," he laughed and tickled the boy under him who tried his best to stop him from it but failed miserably.

"But... but..."

Somehow his friend managed to free himself and now Kurt had to run before Barry could turn things around and tickle him or something.

"You really don't recognize me, right?" He shook his head and looked down on Kurts arm. Without even acknowledging it, Kurt began scratching that one like he always did when he felt very uncomfortable but the Warbler didn't stop looking at it like he saw something that no one else could.

He ran out of the house into the warm summer day and further away from the house. There was a playground nearby and he wanted to hide there beneath the slide but before that he had to outrun Barry.

"Let me help you. You've got a scar right there, where you a scratching it. Most people can't see it because it has nearly the same color as your skin...

"Kurt you need to be careful, there is a-" Barry couldn't end his sentence than Kurt stepped in the little hole in front of him, tripped and fell. His arms shot up to cover his face and when he landed and slid on the gravel, there was a sharp stone that cut a long wound into his arm.

...Mine is a bit easier to spot." With this words he pulled up his sleeve to show a light scar that went from his elbow to the mid of his underarm.

As clumsy as Barry was, he stumbled over Kurt even though he tried to stop before and also got a wound even longer and on the left arm, while Kurt's was on the right.

Kurt eyes widened and he froze in his motion. There were only three persons who knew about that scar: Himself (of course), his dad and... Barry.

They looked into each others eyes, Barrys green one weren't filled with tears as Kurts were but his face -oh that face- it was clearer then ever. They stayed like this for a moment until they suddenly began to giggle and eventually laughed.

"Oh my god, I am so-" "Stupid?" "Sorry," growled Kurt after the guy in front of him who seemed to be his best friend for about 12-13 years interrupted him and now laughed so that his eyes lit up.

"You are so stupid!" "Sorry? Who tripped over me?" "Who fell in the first place?"

"I hate you, Bartholomew Henry Allen. I hate you so much right now," Kurt said shaking his head with a smile.

"Yeah, I love you too. Even though you said my full name."

"Why the name change?"

"What?"

"Sebastian Smythe?"

"Oh... Yeah, that was because of... you know..."

"Know what?", asked Blaine who suddenly was at their table again.

"Know when we go clubbing again, Killer.", Barry smirked again Sebastian-like. Kurt was confused. What the hell was Barrys intention?