Chapter XXIII - Chit chatting

"I can't believe you actually just did that!" Tinas voice filled the mostly empty common room which made the only two other people in there look up.

Kurt and Barry watched her stomp over, the angriest face they have ever seen plastered her face and Barry was 90% sure she was going to kill him.

"Smythe, you are the worst person to ever known to mankind. I can't believe you said all those things to Blaine -to his boyfriend."

"Ex boyfriend actually. And I didn't say anything that wasn't true, so until you don't want to sit down and have a nice chat with us you can go right out that door again," Barry said first pointing at the chair beside him and then to the door Tina came in earlier.

But she wasn't thinking of going and just kept on shouting at Barry: "They were such a wonderful couple, why did you do that?!"

"Did you even listen to what I said about him? You may have not seen it, but I did! I saw all the things Blaine did to Kurt."

"Then why didn't you tell them to Kurt or Blaine or both?!"

"Don't you think I tried? I tried telling Kurt what his boyfriend was doing to him but he wouldn't listen and always told me that it's not like that and that I'm just jealous!"

"Then- wait. Is this implying you have a crush on Kurt?" Suddenly, her voice was filled with excitement and her anger was forgotten.

"That-" "-is true," interrupted Kurt smirking, "But because I didn't like what did back there, I'm not letting him ask me out."

"I wanted to say that that had nothing to do with this but okay!... Would you please be so kind and sit down, my neck is starting to hurt."

Tina looked at him as if she was considering not doing it.

"Aw, come on. I said please!" - "I'm still angry." - "Pretty please?" - "Uggh, how are you doing that?"

Kurt chuckled as Tina sat down after Barry gave her one of his best puppy eyes.

"Is that the reason why you were so onto Blaine? Because you wanted those two to break up so you could have Kurt?", she asked then.

"It's a 50/50. I sure want to be with him in a relationship but the main reason I did that back there was just because I didn't want him to be with Blaine. I would even be fine when Kurt didn't want to be with me but with someone else as long as it's not someone like Blaine. I just want him to be happy."

He smiled and looked at Kurt.

"Wow, you are deeply in love with him," Tina said seemingly surprised. Barry just shrugged.

"Well, I never got over him."

---------

Even though Kurt had his phone on speakers next to him and Barry on the other end, it was quiet. Since they said hi to each other it stayed like that. Kurt just wanted to know that Barry was there to talk with even though they were not doing it.

Barry knew it was hard for Kurt, so he let him some time. He had heard about what happened through the news. He was bored and just kept skipping through the channels when he stopped at the news because he saw Finns face next to the news speaker.

After he watched in horror, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open, he called Kurt. The greeted each other quietly and then—silence.

"Hey Barry?" - "Yeah?" - "Don't leave me." - "Never."

And again it was silent. They eventually began to talk after about ten minutes later and then didn't stop for hours until it was past midnight. It helped Kurt a lot and when they ended the call to catch some sleep, Kurt cracked a smile. It was small, tired and a little sad but it was the first after Finns death.