Chapter IX - ...his best friend gave to him

After dinner they all sat in the living room together, Carol and Finn on the couch, Burt on the armchair besides them and Kurt and Barry on the floor on some pillows.

They where laughing about funny things they had been stumbling into, giggling and remembering old forgotten memories of long forgotten Christmas evenings that Kurt and Barry spent together with their families and just had a good time there.

"Oh, I remember one time, he accidentally drank the Eggnog and that was after the receipt of the grandma of a friend of ours and she always put so much rum in it, you immediately got tipsy. So he, little boy of what? Eleven? Twelve? Drank a whole mug of that and was sooo drunk for the rest of the night, it was hilarious! Everyone tried to get him sober, but that wasn't as easy when he was running around the house screaming "I'm the king of music!""

Barry couldn't breath of laughter while he tried to tell that story to Finn and Carol, who laughed their self.

"You were no help at that moment! And you knew it was the one with alcohol! Why didn't you warn me?", Kurt tried to look like he was mad at Barry but he couldn't. He broke and started giggling behind his hand.

"I was busy literally rolling on the floor laughing."

"Oh yeah, I remember that. You nearly choked on that.", added Burt chuckling.

"Why did you even scream that, Kurt?", asked Finn breathless.

"Oh that was his fault. He always gave me compliments and one of those was "you're gonna be the king of music someday".", explained Kurt pointing at his friend who now raised his arms in defense. "Hey, I was around twelve at that time! I thought they were cute even though they were completely dumb and stupid."

"I thought they were cute." "But stupid." "Yeah. A bit." "See!"

It went like that for a few more hours until the clock on the wall said it was past eleven and their recurring yawning told them they should probably go to bed and catch some sleep.

"Okay...", said Barry sadly and then whispered to Kurt: "Quick! Make an excuse so I don't have to drive home."

"Oh, I'm not letting you drive home in the darkness while it's storming outside like that! You are staying here and gonna drive home tomorrow!", the other guy said immediately.

"I feel slightly offended by how bad you think of my driving skills but you are right. Burt, can I stay over night?"

Yawning Burt looked at both of them and quirked an eyebrow.

"Don't you think that was a bit childish? But okay, I think it would be safer for you, too. Nothing against your driving skills but against those of others."

"Yes!", Barry whispered and Kurt chuckled about that, "I'm taking the left side of the bed!" and off he was running upstairs to Kurts bedroom that the owner showed him before.

"Wow, hey no! You know I hate sleeping on the right side!", shouted Kurt running after him, an evil "ha ha ha!" was to be heard from the Warbler.

Burt chuckled slightly and made his way upstairs too.

"Guys, don't break the bed, okay?"

"Wait!", Kurt exclaimed after his dad and stopped in his motion (he was playfully wrestling with Barry over the left side of the bed).

"You are okay with me and him sleeping in one bed?"

"Yeah, why shouldn't I?"

"When you saw Blaine in my bed -no Bar, nothing happened- you kinda freaked out."