Chapter VII - A Chat

Kurt: So why the name change?

Barry: ?

K: Sebastian Smythe is definitely not your real name.

B: Oh. That... I... It was... When my uncle decided to go back to the U.S.A. I didn't want to be that bullied little boy with a dead mother and a dad who was in prison for her murder, so I created Sebastian with his own character that liked to go clubbing and being anything but Barry Allen.

K: Sooo... Does that mean you don't hate your uncle anymore?

B: Oh no, I still hate him for forcing me to leave you.

K: Good. I don't like him either.

B: Hey, do you want to go to the theater with me to celebrate our reunion?

K: Wasn't it you to "keep our friendship a secret until you can convince me of Blaine being a bad boyfriend"? Still don't know why you need it to be a secret...

B: A. it's fun. B. it makes things a lot easier for me.

K: For you! But don't think it could be hard for me? I don't want to keep such a secret from my boyfriend!

B: Oh come on. It is not even that much of a secret. You've told him about your "old friend from kindergarten", right?

K: Yes

B: Good. He knows enough.

B: And you're not even lying to him. Just don't start telling him about me.

K: But I am feeling guilty! It's like I would not tell him that I got another boyfriend.

B: Oh, so I am your boyfriend now? Reminds me of the thing I did before I had to leave you. ;)

K: ...

B: You're blushing, right? You know what I'm talking about.

K: No...

B: I knew it. Cute.

K: Subject change! How is it living with your uncle and aunt and... I think you got a cousin too?

B: You're a meanie :P

B: Yeah, I got a cousin too but he is not here that often. College stress and all that. He is cool and all but his parents... They are so annoying. I mean, I really don't want their compassion, I told them like a 1000 times. I want to go back home, to Joe and Iris. I want to be near my dad but they won't even allow me to visit him! It's so frustrating!

K: You want to call?

B: Yes, please.

They had a phone call that lasted hours and they talked about everything and nothing.

Their everything was about their lives and what they missed out from each others life and their nothing were things like how the school was and maybe a bit gossiping about their (boy-)friends.

"I can't believe you went to Dalton! We could have met back then if you would have stayed another month. Do you still have the uniform?", asked Barry.

"Yes, why do yo- You're not getting a photo!"

"Oh come on Kurt, please? I bet you look hot in it."

"No. Leave it, you know I won't change my mind."

"Yeah, but I can still hope, can't I?"

"No, you can't."

"Meanie."

Kurt wanted to comment something to that but got interrupted by the door to his room, which was opened by his dad.

"Hey, kiddo. Who are you talking to?"

"Oh hey, dad! You won't believe it: I'm talking to Barry! We met today in Lima Beans surprisingly!"

"Yeah, suuure: Surprisingly.", giggled Barrys voice from Kurts phone.

"What, really? That is wonderful!"

He came further into the room and sat down next to his son.

Kurt put his phone between them and Barry greeted Burt.

"Hey Barry. We missed you."

"Yeah, missed you too. How is work?"

"The same as it has always been. On which school are you? Since when?"

"Oh, I go to Dalton Academy. Got there about a month after Kurt left. A pity, we could have met there and maybe Kurt and I had become the number one couple at Dalton." Barry joked but Kurt heard the sincerity behind his words.

"Wait you're gay? I thought you liked Iris?"

"Nope. She is a wonderful person and really beautiful but I never liked her that way."

"Oh, okay... Sorry, I have to go. I would like to talk to you more but I have to do something, bye Barry, I hope I see you on Friday?"

"Oh, your Friday-dinner. I would love to come but it could be difficult with my uncle. I see what I can do."

"Good. If he not allows it, I come pick you up. I may not be as young but I am still good with talking-" "Or intimidating.", interrupted Kurt.

"Okay, I really have to go now. Bye guys."

And with that, he stormed out of the room.

"What was that about?"

"Oh, he wants to make something special for Carols birthday. I probably should help him..."

"Yeah probably. We text later?"

"If I can make it. At the very latest tomorrow after school."

"Or while school?"

Kurt practically heard Barry grinning.

"Maybe. Goodbye."

"Bye, princess."

"Stop it.", was what Kurt wanted to say but Barry had already hung up.

"What an idiot.", he muttered, put his phone away and ran down to help his dad.