Chapter XXII - The villain and the hero

"Are you alright? You sound like you cried," asked Barry when they had a call one evening.

"Huh? Oh, no I didn't. Everything's fine, don't worry."

Kurt was sitting on his bed in the apartment in New York wiping the rest of his tears from his cheeks and smiled. He was so glad that this was a voice call, he couldn't have been able to hide his tears otherwise.

"I don't believe you, but I let you decide whether you want to talk about it or not."

"Thank you," Kurt sighed and put a smile on his lips. "So, because I really want to forget what happened, we are not talking about me but about you."

"How generous of you," laughed Barry. It brought a little, true smile onto Kurts face.

"Are there some interesting news to gossip about at Dalton?"

"Of course! I mean, I am in the glee club with all those idiots. There is lots to talk behind their back. Even though I'm standing right in front of them and they look at me questioningly. It's funny, especially because we got a new guy who is a real jerk and kicked me from my position as captain and is now standing up and- okay, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Barry, what is happening? Are you okay? Are you still there?", Kurt asked partly amused, partly concerned.

"Yeah, still here but running from Hunter. Listen, you can't kill me, Hunt! If you do, he is gonna murder you!"

Kurt heard faintly in the distance some agreements from other warblers and laughed.

"Pew, finally. Oh my god, I'm so happy for being in the lacrosse team or otherwise I wouldn't have made it. That guy was in a military school before he came here, I am seriously scared of him!"

"You better be!", Kurt heard an unknown voice on the other line yelling. He chuckled.

"What are you all even doing together this late?"

"Oh, it's for the sectionals. We were supposed to decide which songs we're gonna take but then you called and I broke it off. I think they're waiting for me to say goodbye to you. Yep, they're all nodding. But I won't do that because you are more important to me than some competition."

"Awww, that's so sweet of you! But you should really hang up before Hunter gets angry again. We can talk later if you want to, okay?"

Barry sighed but agreed and they hung up.

At the same evening but later, they chatted again. Now both of them were laying in bed and were tired but still wanted to talk. Kurt especially had to speak with him even though he really didn't want to talk about that over the phone but he couldn't just drive back to Ohio just to cry his heart on Barrys shoulder out... or could he?

No, no. He had to work tomorrow. He couldn't allow himself to just miss a day after he just got it!

...

Okay, maybe he could but he shouldn't to leave a good impression.

"So... Is there anything you wanna talk about something specific or just... talk?", Barry asked and yawned right after.

"Uhm yes, I do, but I don't really know how..."

"Just say it. Rip it off like a ban-"

"Blaine cheated on me with someone I don't even know! After just two weeks and he tried to convince me that it was my fault because I let him alone! He was the one to tell me I should go to New York and then he says it's my fault?! I feel so betrayed and angry but I also feel sad because he was my first real relationship and then it breaks like this?!", Kurt started and just now took a deep breath again fighting some tears.