Chapter XXVIII - Safe and Sound (Part two)

Kurt said his good byes to Barry as he dropped him off in front of his hotel room (he didn't want to disturb Barry and Joe as they were just settling in with living in one house again) and sighed walking inside.

The pace of his days changed dramatically since he came back to Central. And he was only here for one day!

It was as exciting as it was tiring but Kurts day was not done yet. He had to wait for that call from Isabelle. With that spare time he could make himself some food and possibly look up some videos of Hartley's performance today that were probably already uploaded on various websites.

Deciding this was a good idea, he made himself a little snack and a hot cup of tea - as he was planning on not staying up too late and coffee would simply ruin that plan - and sat on his bed in front of his laptop.

The videos were found easily and with relatively good quality thanks to the always improving phone cameras.

Kurt was a little shocked as he saw his friend doing this much of damage and realized how different it was to hear someone say someone did something horrible than to actually see it.

He sighed again just as Barry in full Flash attire attended the scene. Kurt had to have another more serious talk with Hartley tomorrow about what he-

The vibration of his phone pulled him out of his thoughts. He had gotten two texts. One from Isabelle saying she couldn't make it and one from... Hartley?

"But he surely doesn't have his phone with- Oh he escaped," Kurt muttered to himself. Well, apparently these two texts decided his plans would change. Well, he could just change the date of when this serious conversation should happen to right now.

Hartley had probably planned something stupid, but was also most likely at home right now.

Kurt read through the text again.

Weird. If Hartley didn't trust him enough with his plan on how to escape his prison, why did he suddenly trust him enough to say he was out? Hartley knew that Kurt knew were he lived and even if not, why write the presumably not-friend you just saw after a month of silence a text like this?

Unless...

Unless, maybe there was a small part of Hartley that wanted to be held of the stupid thing he was about to do.

Kurt had to smile at that thought. He knew Hartley was good in his core. That is why he made friends with him all those months ago. This guy that stood there in front of him looking so completely offended at his spilled drink but also looked so... so broken; as if he was on the verge of tears, Kurt couldn't just simply leave him be.

He shut his laptop and jumped out of bed running into his bath for a little check up and then out the door, just barely taking phone and keys with him as he shut it behind him.

At the stairs (of course the elevator had to be broken) he slowed down a bit and thought about what he could say to Hartley.

He thought all the way down. He thought about it when he called for a cab and on the way. He thought about it when he had to pay the driver with his emergency dollars in the back of his phone case because he forgot his wallet. And he thought about it on his way up to Hartley's little apartment but he couldn't come up with anything good and when he finally stood in front of the old door of his friends apartment he had come up with nothing. Why was his mind so jumbled?

"Well, I guess I have to think of something on the spot. I was always better with that anyways. Heh, who am I kidding? I am just horrible at this things either way."