Chapter XV - Cried apologies (Part three)

"I am so so so so sorry."

Barry looked at Kurt and the earlier hidden tears now floated down his cheeks.

"I don't know what has gotten into me. I did so much wrong and I am so sorry and I don't know how to make things right and... and... I was so... horrible to you and your friends and-and my friends! A-"

"Wow, wow, wow.". Kurt took Barrys hand and looked him in the eyes, which were wet from the tears. He smiled a little, "Barry, it's okay. I forgive you. I even think, I was never ever truly angry with you. I was just really really frustrated."

That got Barry to smile a bit too but it didn't last long. "You are way too good for me.", he said, looking down at their hands.

"Funny, that was what I thought all the time before you had to move." Kurt chuckled. "Really?" Barry tilted his head and seemed seriously surprised. "Why did you thought that? Y-you are wonderful! You're beautiful and amazing and have such a unique voice an-" He seemed to realize what he just said and pulled his hand away from Kurts touch, laid it down on his lap that suddenly seemed really interesting.

Kurt saw him blushing anyways.

"Well, thank you for those compliments, but why are you so embarrassed ? It's not like we were never a couple. And even if we weren't, I think friends are allowed to give one another compliments too."

"I don't know... sorry." "Stop apologizing!", Kurt laughed. "Sorr- ah fuck, sor- Dammit! Okay, I stop talking now." That brought Kurt to laugh even more and eventually Barry started too.

"Sooo, do you want to talk about it?", Kurt asked once it ebbed down.

"Nooo, I don't want to. Can't we just ignore it?" "We could but would it make you happy in the long run?" Kurt crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Barry questioningly. "No... But I still don't want to." "You're being a child. Come on, I just want to help."

Barry sighed, took a swig of his now cold coffee and let his head sink.

"I... I really don't know what has gotten into me. You know I would normally never do things like that, it's just...", he shakily breathed in and looked up, again, his eyes filled with tears, "my mom... s-she... Her birth- and death-day were the days before the slushy incident and... I feel so horrible but I was seriously hoping that Blaine would jump in the way to protect you but I didn't wanted him to get hurt! Maybe a bit wet and shocked but definitely not that! I was so angry at that murderer of her and that he did it just one day after her birthday... And then Santana came for that tape. I kinda felt to keep up the cover and be as cocky and asshole-like as Sebastian is and oh god I turned in such a bully, I'm so sorry, really. (I know, Bar, it's okay, really) I felt guilty all the time but that anger and frustration and sadness... I couldn't cope with it all. Before the moving I had always you and Iris but the last few years, I just drowned in those feelings over and over again-"

Suddenly arms were wrapped around him and, again, Barry couldn't hold his tears and cried into Kurts chest now returning the hug.