Chapter One: The Beginning

SHOUTOUT TO MY GIRL -wayfarer FOR WINNING THE FAN ART CONTEST OVER AT MY BOOK "EPISTLE"! GREAT JOB!

I stare into the mirror at my reflection.

I'm completely and utterly disgusted with myself.

"What is wrong with me?" I ask the person looking back at me, red hair cascading down my back and blue eyes staring unblinkingly at me.

My cheeks looks flushed just thinking about my conversation with Will yesterday. My heart is still pounding from the lie.

I've never been a great liar. But I guess I never had to be until now. Now I suppose lying and I will be close friends for the next short while.

The thought sickens me deeply.

I silently apologize to God for being such a horrible friend and horrible person.

Placing my hands on the cold marble counter before me, I lean weakly.

What am I going to do?

Live a lie? Allow my most valued relationship to crumble to dust because I can't man up and tell Will I don't love him?

But then what would happen? He'd be crushed that I chose to lie to him. We've always been one hundred percent honest with one another and I was never planning on breaking that streak.

I close my eyes, breathing in deep and trying to relax. Everything is going to be okay. I just need to think of a way to keep Will unsuspecting until I can figure something out.

A knock on the bathroom door startles me from my stupor.

"MayBell? I need in the bathroom. You've been in there for like thirty minutes. What the heck is taking so long?" My sister, Elizabeth's, voice muffles through the wooden door.

"Oh." I glare at myself in the mirror once more before unlocking the door.

It swings open to reveal Elizabeth looking annoyed but curious. She peaks into the room suspiciously causing my to roll my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

She raises a perfectly filled in eyebrow at me, curling a strand of strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. "What were you doing in there? The water never ran so I know you weren't taking a shower and it doesn't smell so I know you didn't take a crap."

I make a disgusted face before smacking her on the arm. She jumps and letting out a wail.

"Ah! What the heck!" She whines, rubbing the fair skin.

"Stop being so nosy. I wasn't doing anything bad so calm down."

She narrows her blue eyes at me before shrugging and walking into the bathroom, shutting the door firmly behind her.