Chapter Twenty: The Discovery

[UNEDITED]

[UNEDITED]

"I don't know I think that maybe he could be a philanthropist." Scarlett nods as we study the man across the food court with a bull cut and baggy clothes.

"What? No, he's totally a stoner." Liz shoves a fry into her mouth.

I give her a stern look. "Liz you can't just say that about people."

She rolls her eyes with a sigh. "Oh please. You just assumed a women was a prostitute like five minutes ago."

"That's because Scar asked if she looked like one and I said yes! I didn't say she was one." I laugh.

Scarlett grabs one of Elizabeth's fries and pops it into her mouth, chewing slowly. "Hm...don't try and take the splinter out of someone else's eye if you're not willing to take the log out of your own. It's in the Bible."

Liz nods in agreement and points at me. "You better watch yourself."

"Okay I'm so not playing this game anymore if you two are just going to blame all of our judgmental behavior on me." I huff, crossing my arms over my chest.

Scarlett laughs. "We're only kidding." Then she looks at Liz, "Aren't we?"

Liz smirks in reply. "Maybe. Hey what do you guys say to ditching the mall and going to get some ice cream."

Scarlett and I looks at each other before nodding in agreement. "I could go for some of that." I pat my stomach.

"It's settled then. Let's move out, peeps." Elizabeth gathers up the rest of her food and her coat before standing up.

We follow her out to the car. I sigh when Liz calls aux, a triumphant grin on her face. "Yes! Let's get some Disney's Best Hits up on here!" She hoots. Scarlett rolls her eyes front the driver's seat of her truck while I watch Liz's idiotic behavior from the backseat.

As soon as we get to the ice cream shop, I hop out of the truck, making a beeline for the building.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Calm down." Scarlett breathes as she runs after me.

I laugh before my eyes catch onto someone exiting the shop. My eyes squint and a smile appears on my lips. I'm about to call out to him when someone follows him out, a grin on her pretty face.

I stop in my tracks, grabbing Scarlett and Liz before pulling them with me behind the nearest bush.

"What the - "

"Shh! Shut up!" I whisper/yell at Scarlett. "Don't you see them?" I gesture to the couple coming out of the ice cream store.

I watch as they both squint in that general direction. It takes them several moments to spot the two people making their way across the parking lot hand in hand.