Chapter Four: The Confrontation

I wake up the next morning dazed and confused

I had the most terrible dream last night.

Rubbing my head as I sit up, I grab my phone from the nightstand, pulling it from the charger.

Liz:
Hey I went out for breakfast with Scar! Hope everything is okay with you and Will. Let me know if you two talk today.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Why wouldn't Will and I be okay?

Realization slowly dawns on me and I groan loudly, tossing and turning around in my blankets in an effort to knock the memories round out of my mind and out my ears.

No such luck.

After I rejected Will, I realized that Korbin saw the whole thing and I'm worried he might be onto me. And him being such a good friend to Will, he will most definitely tell him.

I debate texting him and asking him to talk. But what if he doesn't have any idea and I give it away unintentionally?

I suppose it's best to just keep to myself and wait to see if he approaches me.

Dragging myself out of bed, I grab a pair of jeans, a white v-neck, and some underwear before heading to the bathroom to shower.

I remove my shirt, staring at my reflection. I fix the bralette around my bust and turn to the side, examining my lower stomach. I've never had a perfectly flat stomach and I have to admit it's my biggest insecurity.

I flex to rid my lower stomach of the small pudge residing there, giving the skin a small pat.

After brushing my hair and removing the rest of my clothes, I hop in the shower.

The room quickly steams up, keeping me nice and warm. Singing a worship song under my breath, I scrub my body and wash my hair.

After a long debate on whether or not to shave my legs, I give in and give them a once over with the razor.

I turn the water off and wrap a large soft towel around myself, stepping out onto the cold tile.

Quickly, I rub lotion over my skin and pull my clothes on, opening the door before it gets too overbearingly hot.

"Mom!" I call down the stairs.

No one answers. My furrowed eyebrows pull down as I think about where she could be.

"Dad?" I try. Still no answer.