Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Bad News

Guys not even kidding now that I wrote this story, this actually happened to me and now one of my best friends likes me. Whyyyyyy.

[k so update: I took FOREVER to finish this chapter and i am now dating said best friend okay continue haha]

[UNEDITED]

Walking out of school on Friday, I feel as light as a feather. My spirits soar as I breathe in the fresh afternoon air. A smile spreads over my lips as my eyes slowly open, blinking at the bright sun.

The day is still early. Half days come in handy after four years of high school especially on Fridays. Just knowing that it's the weekend brings me relief.

My arms swing slightly as I make my way to my car, the metal of my keys hitting against each other in a satisfying way as a melody plays in my head.

I was hoping to spend some time with Will this weekend and earn some more brownie points in my favor and find a way to earn his trust back. Maybe buy him some red velvet ice cream and the new Twenty One Pilots album.

Unfortunately, him and the guys are going to an indoor ice skating rink to play some hockey and most likely go back to Shane's afterward for a soak in the hot tub. So us girls have chosen to pretend we aren't offended by being left out of the festivities (not that we want to play hockey because, let's be real, me on pointy skates and a huge stick? Not exactly safe) and have decided to get together and have a girls night.

The sucky thing about a girls night is, instead of focusing on each other and actually making it about us girls, the guys are always the main topic of conversation. So, technically, it's just a girls getting together to discuss boys which makes it a boys night.

Also, calling us "boys" and "girls" makes me feel like we're a group of middle school aged friends so I'm going to stop thinking about it before I cringe too hard.

"May! Wait up!" I hear someone call behind me just as my hand reaches the handle of my car. Spinning around, I see a flushed and panting Heather as she jogs towards me.

My eyebrows furrow in concern. "Heather, what's up? You okay?"

She waves it off to let me know she's fine as she catches her breath. "I'm fine. I was following you since before you left the building. I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Well...I was in the bathroom and I heard the door open, right? So then I hear Jules' voice and I'm pretty sure Olivia and Valerie were with her too. That's always with her it's actually so crazy. Did you know that one time when Jules went to the dentist they actually went with her and waited in the waiting room? That's so weird and pathetic!" She laughs.