Chapter Twenty-Six: The Movie Dates

[UNEDITED]

[UNEDITED]

Just like Scarlett's mother told her, the rest of February seemed to fly by.

March brings a bit more warmth but the occasional snow continues to fall. But, who I kidding, within the last couple of weeks I haven't been thinking about the weather. I've been thinking about how I never realized before frustrating it is to be Will's friend.

He can do whatever he wants and I can't do anything about it because I'm just the best friend. For example, while we were eating lunch today, a girl who is in the same Chemistry class as Will and Heather walked up to talk to Heather about a project or something. The whole time I saw her staring at Will like he's a midnight snack.

All I could do was glare at her as I stabbed the lettuce in front of me, accidentally stabbing a baby tomato and getting the juices all over my white sweater. So for the rest of the day I walked around smelling like jealously with a pinch of tomato juice.

Will had asked me what was bugging me but I brushed it off and I said I was on my period which effectively got him to shut up. But once he left I thought better of it because there was a red spot on my sweater which could easily be mistaken for something else.

So now I'm embarrassed and jealous and I still smell like tomato juice. Life is great. No complaints here.

The odd thing is Korbin, Heather, and I have hung out a lot and I'd consider the three of us to be pretty good friends. Even though I'm third wheeling twenty four-seven.

Korbin suggested that all of us go to the movies tonight to watch some new action packed film with blood and half naked women but I spoke for the other three girls in this group and said that if we're going to the movies, we're going to watch something that doesn't remind us of how out of shape we are and how impossible it is to obtain a flat stomach.

So, alas, we have decided to see an animated film. No, the guys aren't exactly happy about it but I couldn't care less.

"Blue or yellow." Liz holds up two very spring looking dresses as she asks for my opinion.

"We're going to the movies, Liz. I think you can just chill on looking perfect tonight." I laugh.

My sister rolls her eyes, the strawberry blonde bun atop her head jiggling as she shakes her head at me. "MayBell, when you have a boyfriend, you always want him to be proud to be seen with you." She shrugs, holding the blue dress up to her body.

I sigh. "Liz, if a guy is only proud to be seen with me when I look perfect then I want no part in that relationship." I finish with a snort.

She waves me off. "Oh stop. Don't even tell me you didn't enjoy looking all fine and having Will look at you like you're the most beautiful girl he's ever seen." Liz gives me a wink and a sneaky smile spreads over my lips without my permission.