Chapter Five: The Plan

Thursday afternoon I sit in Elizabeth's Jeep as we listen to music, journaling and talking outside of the library

Thursday afternoon I sit in Elizabeth's Jeep as we listen to music, journaling and talking outside of the library. Our usual sister bonding time.

"So let me get this straight." She says, chewing on the end of her pink pencil, "Will liked Jules' friend Heather?"

"Not Heidi."

"Right you said that already. But...where is she now? Why didn't they just get together after he and Jules broke up?"

"I don't know. That's what I'm thinking." I sigh, leaning down further in the cushioned seat as I stare at the front of the library building.

We both watch as a young couple walk out, books in hand, smiling at one another adoringly. Liz snorts. "I give that a month tops." Liz says, putting her hair up in a baby pink scrunchy.

"What? Why? I think they're cute." I tell her happily.

Liz has always been someone what of a...love critic. She's terrible at commitment and hates the thought of changing for someone else's sake.

She's also never had a gym membership. Both because of commitment and because apparently sweaty equipment freaks her out.

"Well." She begins with a solemn sigh, "she's wearing black flats for one."

"So?" I laugh, confused.

"Therefore, she has terrible fashion sense. He, on the other hand, is wearing a nice pair of squeaky clean Converse All Stars."

"What's your point."

"Can't you see? She's dressed like a slob and he's dressed cleanly and strategically. They'll never work. His personality is exciting and planned out. Her's is messy and all over the place. It will never work." She tells me dramatically, turning back to her journal and writing something down.

I attempt to lean over and take a peak but she quickly slams it closed. "What do you think you're doing?"

I raise a brow at her. "I get the feeling you weren't just talking about the couple from the library."

She gasps. "As if! Who else would I be talking about?"

I give her a flat look but she plays dumb, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"Oh come on, Liz. Shane is head over heals for you." I tell her firmly.

She sighs, staring out the window. "I'm not talking about this so can we please change the subject?" She asks roughly.