Chapter Fourteen: The Infirmity

"You don't look so good

"You don't look so good." Liz states as we brush our teeth, our bedhead sticking up in odd directions and our under eye bags looking more purple under the florescent lights.

Remind me to change the lightbulbs to the ones that make me look more golden.

"I look just as disgusting as I usually do in the morning." I mumble.

Elizabeth gives me a raised brow. "You sure? You sound a little...stuffy."

I consider this, breathing through my nose sharply to discover she's right. Pressure spreads through my sinuses.

"Oh...I guess you're right. But I feel fine so there's no point in staying home." I tell her, spitting into the sink.

"Who said anything about staying home?" She smirks.

I roll my eyes, putting my toothbrush away and turning the warm water on, splashing it over my face.

"I wouldn't expect you to miss a day of school anyway. Not with your puppy of a boyfriend waiting for you." She winks, slapping my butt and leaving the room.

I feel my eyes roll again. I will never understand that girl.

Now that it's been brought to me attention, the pressure in my nose grows stronger and by the time I'm headed out through the door and to my car, my head feels heavy and my eyes feel droopy.

I guess I didn't consider getting sick while I was bundled up in the cold last night. Will and I had a such a great time that I didn't have time to think about it.

My fingers come up to play with the pearl hanging from my neck, a smile making it's way onto my face.

Shaking my head, I start the car and make my way to school. I force myself to focus on getting warm rather than the fact that I feel pretty bad and it's only the beginning of the school week.

"You look like trash." Shane chuckles as soon as I enter the building.

I snort, pulling open my locker and grabbing my essentials along with a granola bar that I stored away for busy mornings. Well, that or lazy mornings. Which ends up being most mornings.

"Will and I went up on Saraha Peak last night for my birthday."

Shane raises a thick brow as he towers over me, his brown eyes sparkling with mischief. "You do know what the Peaks are known for?"

I roll my eyes, slamming my locker shut and taking a large bite out of my granola bar. "Do enlighten me."

"Everyone knows it's the best make-out spot in this whole town." He winks.

I fight annoyance, knowing that Shane has no idea of what's really going on and I begin to feel a little guilty for leaving him out of the loop so often. "Well...maybe you and Liz should take a trip there soon, huh?"