Chapter Thirty: The New Beginning

Helloooo!

We have almost reached the end and I'm so incredibly excited. I hope you enjoy this chapterrr

* * *

[UNEDITED]

After a quick stop at the grocery store, I'm stocked up on red velvet and bubblegum ice cream and ready to go. On the way to Will's house, my hands grip onto the steering wheel, my breath shallow.

I sit in the quiet with no music keeping me company as my thoughts of Will and I continue to torment me. Not in a way that stresses me out but in way that makes me feel a strange sense of urgency.

The amount of courage coursing through me astounds me. It's like those moments when you contemplate doing something and in that  moment you feel as if you know exactly what you'll say and do and it'll go just the way it happens in your head. But you know deep down that if it came to it, you'd mix everything up and it would all go completely wrong.

That's how I'm feeling right about now.

I feel like I could just walk into that house, speak my mind, and get what I want but it doesn't always work that way and that's what scares me.

Besides, I'm not here for me. I'm here to supper Will and his family and to find out what's been bugging me all day. I am so completely terrified and excited to find out about Rebecca that butterflies seem to be completely overcoming my stomach in a swarm of nerves and electric happiness.

A feel a huge sense of hope but also a mixture of fear and I know that if this whole thing went well or completely south, either way, there will be tears.

As I pull into his driveway, the front door opens almost immediately as Will stumbles out with a large smile on his face. Relief pours over me and my heart lightens in my chest as if it weighs nothing, every worry and fear I've ever felt about this completely disappearing when I see his face.

I park the car, grabbing the ice cream from the passenger seat, and climbing out with excitement bubbling in every fiber of my being.

As soon as he sees me close the door, Will leaves his place on the front porch, his light brown hair askew and disheveled, making my heart skip a little. I grin, biting my lip to contain the hopefulness I feel.

He approaches me quickly and I look at him expectantly, raising my eyebrows as if to ask him a silent question.

Pausing in front of my, his chest moving up and down from running over here, he opens his mouth to speak, "Hi." He smiles brightly.

I groan, a laugh escaping me despite myself, "Hi, Will. Now tell me!" I beg.

I watch in annoyance as he reaches for the plastic bags in my hands containing our favorite dessert, gently taking it from me. "Let me take these for you." He says.

"Will!"

"What, no thank you?" He smirks, his dimples appearing on his cheeks as his hazel eyes sparkle with amusement.

I sigh, "Thank you. Now can you please tell me how it went? I'm dying to know."

"Well since you said please..." He shrugs slowly and just as I'm about to march past him and just ask his grandmother he places his hands on my shoulders to stop me, laughing, "Okay I'll tell you. I'm sorry."

I nod, satisfied. "Okay, go ahead. I'm ready." I say, internally preparing myself for whatever is about to come out of his mouth.

"She's on her way to a full recovery." He laughs, throwing up his hands in excitement.