Chapter Eighteen: The Favor

[UNEDITED]

[UNEDITED]

"I need a favor." Liz pants as she bursts through my bedroom door, her morning hair balled up atop her head.

The morning fuzz in my mind causes my reaction to be delayed, a groan finally escaping me before I throw my head back onto the pillow. "Liz, I have about another three sweet minutes of peace and serenity so get out. Ask me when I'm actually awake." I mumble with my comfortable pulled up to my forehead.

I hear a disappointed sigh before the door closes and I'm left wth the silence once again. A content smile gently pulls on my lips.

Three minutes later, my alarm goes off loudly and obnoxiously. I yell, grabbing the device off of the charger and hovering my thumb over the snooze button.

"No, MayBell. You've already pressed snooze four times. If you do it again, you will sleep through the next alarm. Do. Not. Do. It." I grumble to myself, the way too familiar sound of Paris by Chainsmokers blares through the room.

After a moments hesitation, I press the lock button, permanently turning off the alarm. "Whelp, there's no going back now."

"Finally! Now get your butt out here and listen to me." Elizabeth yells from outside my door.

I shuffle to the door in my fuzzy pajama pants and band tee, throwing it open with force. "Liz. Why."

"Why what." She gives me a cheeky grin.

"Why can't you just let me love my life in peace." I push past her.

She releases a humorless laugh. "Ha-ha you're hilarious now would you please just shut up for two freakin seconds and let me speak? I waited outside your door for like three minutes. The least you can do is stop and hear me out." Elizabeth pleads, her full lips out in a pout.

My nose scrunches. "Do not ever use the pout face on me. It may work on Scarlett but it doesn't work on me. And any time I hear you say the word 'favor' I run and hide." I say slowly to add emphasis.

Her big blue eyes roll dramatically, her arms crossed over her chest as I turn on the bathroom sink and grab my toothbrush. "It's just a teeny weeny favor."

"Teeny...weeny." I raise a brow. She nods once with a satisfied grin, knowing all too well that I love her too much to turn her away when she needs my help.

I release a sigh of utter defeat. "Okay what do you want?"

Liz squeals in delight. "Yes! Thank you!"

"Don't thank me yet, you haven't even told me what it is you want from me yet." I chuckle, rinsing out my toothbrush and spitting into the sink.

"It's really not bad. In fact...it's kind of a big deal to me so don't freak out on me or say I told you so." She gives me a contained smile, the rest of it threatening to burst throw into a full on grin.