Chapter Two: The Confession

I wake up the next day feeling oddly refreshed and feeling a little better about the whole situation

Feeling more in control.

But unfortunately, still way in over my head.

"May, breakfast is ready!" Elizabeth screams obnoxiously from downstairs.

I cover my head with my comforter, snuggling into the warm comfort of my bed. I wish I could just sleep and dream forever so I wouldn't have to worry about my real life problems. But then again, that's kind of the same thing as being dead and that's just depressing.

"I'm coming!" I holler back, my voice scratchy and sleep ridden.

Tearing the covers off, I force myself out of bed.

"Hey google." I grumble, "Play my wake up playlist." I tell my speaker from across the room.

Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash starts playing and I bob my head along as I search through my closet looking for something decent yet extremely comfortable to wear.

I come up with two options. One being no clothes at all and the other being a pair of dark gray leggings with Calvin Klein up the side in white letters with a large comfy baby pink sweater.

I think the latter would be the option that doesn't get me arrested. So let's go with that.

After getting dressed, brushing my teeth, and washing my face, I trot downstairs to eat breakfast. I enter the room to see my family members shuffling around the kitchen as they pile as much food on their plates as possible.

"What's for breakfast?" I inquire, peaking at my fathers plate as he passes by, before plucking a piece of bacon off of it and giving it a crunch.

"Bacon and pancakes. Mom you read my mind I love you." Grabbing a plate off of the counter,  I plant a kiss on her cheek.

"You're welcome but it was your father's idea. I was going to make oatmeal." She laughs.

I gasp. "Mom! Ew!"

I hear my dad's laughter coming from the table. "You're welcome." He yells.

"Yeah yeah." I mumble with a contained smile.

After scarfing down a generous amount of pancakes and bacon, I head up to my room to figure out my plans for tonight. As my mom said, there's no way I'm going to just sit at home for New Years Eve.

I mean, I definitely would sit in bed and binge watch Stranger Things but I have friends who will literally kidnap me. Potato sack and everything.

I check my iMessages to see if anyone has contacted me with ideas for tonight but no such luck.

I roll my eyes. As usual I have to be the one to confirm things. Even though they'd all be mad and eventually come after me at the last minute. But I need to be prepared. That's just how I am.