Chapter Eleven: The Phone Thieves

So I'm actually really sorry that I haven't been writing as much lately. I've been craaazzzy busy believe it or not haha. Thank you so much for being so patient with me. I've had a few complications with the plot but we're all good now.

Much love <3

Things go on as usual for the next couple of weeks, school drifting by like a tumbleweed and weekends flying past our noses like the wind

As I sit with Liz on Friday afternoon, school previously cancelled for the day because of snow and ice on the roads, we chat in our usual spot in her Jeep, positioned in front of the library.

"I'm happy that things are going so well for you." Elizabeth chirps, eating a fry from her McDonald's bag.

I sigh, looking out the window. "I wouldn't say things are going overly well, they're just not terrible."

"Please expand."

"Well..." I reply solemnly, "Will's mom is doing okay but the chemo still isn't working perfectly...then again when does it? Heather is really fitting in with our group but her and Will aren't all that close."

Liz chews slowly, her blue eyes wide with curiosity and her strawberry blonde hair braided beautifully to the side. "What about Korbin? How's he handling all of this? The whole 'keeping a secret from his best friend' thing must get really tiring. And I can't imagine him, being the introvert he is, appreciating a newcomer in the group."

I consider this, reaching over and snatching a fry. "I guess I haven't really checked on him. But as far as I can tell, he's pretty happy. We got an A on our assignment and he's free to not spend time with me." I laugh dryly.

She rolls her eyes, setting the bag down on the dashboard. "Korbin doesn't dislike you."

"Uh...I'm pretty sure he does." I scoff.

"It's just...hard to appreciate someone's presence when they're trying to manipulate your best friend into liking someone that they don't like anymore and watching him fall more in love with that person more every day all while knowing, that can be snatched away at any given moment." Elizabeth speaks lowly and quietly as if to not offend me.

I look down at the journal in my hands, feeling ashamed for the one thousandth time. "I'm sorry, Liz. I do feel bad I just...don't know what to do."

"Try telling the truth." She sighs.

I keep my mouth closed, staring out the window at the snow covered trees and walkways, the town moving about, oblivious to my troubles.

"That would be the solution." I admit, "But I couldn't stand to see the look on Will's face."

"The longer you wait the worse the end result will be. I suggest you make a plan for when you're going to do it."

"I still have Heather." I grasp at something. Anything.