Chapter 2

It was 7 am when the alarm clock went off. I knew I wouldn't get enough sleep. All I did was toss and turn. No way was I going to eat anything. I would pour myself a glass of orange juice and drink that. If I ate anything, I would hurl it up once I step foot in that tower.

I got up and went to shower. I was so exhausted. Did I really need this job? I stood under the shower thinking it all through. And it was only because of how tired I was. I contemplated going back to the States. There would be a job waiting for me after all. I could basically make my own hours. My sister would persuade Robbie to cut me some slack. If the answer was yes to going back home, I could curl myself underneath my blanket and not get back up until tomorrow. Right when I told myself I was going back to bed, the water turned icy, cold. I screamed and was suddenly wide awake. Guess fate wanted me to go to that Interview after all.

I stood in front of Bowers Tower and couldn't believe how massive it was. The entire building was made of glass; in the shape of a triangle. I had to put my sunglasses on to look up. I couldn't even see the top. "Note to self, spend money on good sunglasses," I said out loud. The glare from the building almost burned my eyes out.

Why on earth would anyone need a building this size was beyond me. I started to get Butterflies in my stomach and panic set in. Thank God I hadn't eaten anything.

I walked through the Glass, sliding door and straight to the Security desk.
"Hi, Jasmen Gibson for CNL." The Guard asked me for my ID and scanned it. A couple seconds later he handed me a printed Visitors sticker that had my Face, Name, and it the Floor Number I was to report to. I wasn't new to this. Interviewed here twice already and it was the same procedure. However, telling me the Elevators were to the right of the Desk was new. It was Express to the 80th Floor and that I should get off on 90. Panic sank in all over again.

It didn't take that long to reach the 80th Floor. But people were filing in and out on each Floor, up until we reached the 90th Floor. As I got off the Elevator, my mouth dropped at how gorgeous the area was. Everything was either Glass or Red Wood. I looked around slowly studying every detail. No way could I find any of this stuff at Lowe's or Home Depot.

"Gorgeous, " I said out loud.

"Excuse me?" It took me a moment to see that the woman at the Receptionist Desk was talking to me. She had a confused smile on her face. You could tell she was around my age. No more than 25.

"Oh sorry! Hi! My name is Jasmen Gibson. Interviewing with Michelle Kemp."

"Oh okay! You can take a seat over there. I'll let her know you are here," she said pointing to the sitting area behind me.

"Oh, and you're unbuttoned."

I looked down and saw that the top of my dress had come undone exposing the top of my bra. "Oh my God!!"

I buttoned myself and looked at her tag. It said Cindy. I mouthed "Thank you," as I turned and walked over to the sitting area. I saw the smug, idiot from the last Interview sitting there already. He looked up at me surprised. I guess he didn't think the Foreign girl would be making it this far. That definitely made me smile and I somehow got the courage to wink at him.

The fact that I've come this far to go back empty handed gave me even more confidence. I was going to get this job. I needed this job. I don't care if the man I'll be working under was an asshole (praying he isn't). Being able to wake up in London, every morning is all the happiness I need. Truth be told I love it here. I fell in love as soon as I stepped foot on this soil. Going home now wasn't an option.

"Miss Gibson, Mr. Fray, if you could follow me." It was one of Mrs. Kemp's assistants. A Handsome, young guy. I started to stare at his ass as we walked by the Receptionist desk. I heard Cindy cough and I looked her way. She gave me a weird smirk. I guess she caught me staring at his ass. Then gave me a thumbs up.

I instantly turned red and mouthed 'Thanks.'

We walked into The Meeting Room and we were greeted by Mrs. Kemp. She showed us to our seats and we all sat down.

"Congrats to you both for making it this far. Today you will basically have a one on one sit down with the man you will be working under. The CEO himself. Lucas Bower....oh, speak of the Devil..."

"I'm not late am I?"

I turn my chair to look in his direction. He was very tall, jet black hair with a nice tan. Green eyes with the Pinkest lips you'd ever seen. My mouth went slack but I immediately composed myself. He was definitely a God, with an American accent?

Stop, I told myself, I have bigger fish to fry here. I cannot afford to get all giggly and crush hard right now. I was determined to land this position. He sat at the Head of the Table and stared at me very hard. I felt naked under his gaze and I sat back in my seat.

Mrs. Kemp and Mr. Bower start discussing how his #2 is running late. He kept looking down at his watch and now had a look of agitation on his face. "Alright, Mr. Fray, please follow me. We will begin now."
Fray jumps up from his seat, clutching his bag for dear life. He follows Mr. Bower out of the room. His eyes were massive and his face red. Either that's Fray's nervous look or someone has to go to the Bathroom.

5 minutes later Mr. Bower comes in and tells me to follow him. Mrs. Kemp and I share the same confused looks. His interview with Fray was mighty fast. I got up and said goodbye to Mrs. Kemp as I followed Mr. Bower down the Hall. There was a pretty Asian lady sitting at the Assistant desk on the phone. Right behind her, to the left, was Mr. Bower Office. Weird how every Office on this floor was glass. See-thru glass. No privacy at all. Even Mr. Bower had no privacy.

The door was already opened. He walked in and he went around his desk, sat down, and pointed at the seat he wanted me to sit at.
"So. Miss Gibson. Let's get straight to it. Why do you want to work for me?"
The question had me stumped. For him? I thought I'd be answering phones for CNL.
"Uh, well. To be honest Mr. Bow-Bower, I thought I'd be answering phones and taking messages for CNL. I didn't know I'd be working underneath, um you." He looked agitated and started to massage his left temple. He exhales loudly and says, "do you know anything about Bower Tower? Can't you just bullshit through the interview?"
He fixed his tie and gives me the sexiest, coldest stare I have ever seen. I know I should be offended at what he just said but he looks so good.
"Excuse me?" was the only words I could muster out.
"Goddamnit Jasmen! I'm throwing you a bone here." His fist hits the desk and makes me jump.
"You are the last of 5, are you telling me that you can't find ANY possible answer to blow air up my ass so we can get this train moving. I have a LONG day and this isn't what I want to be doing right now!"
I was mortified. The nerve of this guy! I stood up with the quickness and noticed my buttons had come undone again. At this point, I didn't care. He looks down and I could've sworn a faint smile curled on the left side of his face.
"You're a pig! And I'm not blowing air up no one's ass. How dare you?!"
He began to laugh. What the hell was so funny?
"Are you really laughing in my face?" I asked shocked.
He got up from his seat slowly and walked around the desk. He stood right in front of me and put his face near my left ear. He whispers, "you've come undone."