Chapter 44

Shawn and Dayo felt helpless as Police pushed every one back. There was no way past all of the Police.

"I need everyone back!! Now!! Let's go! I need everyone off this block and around the perimeter of the Building! Let's go Gents, push these people back!!" Sergeant Willis yelled.

"Sargeant!!" Shawn yelled. He was trying to get the Detectives attention. Police were pushing both him and Dayo, plus the crowd back. Sargeant Willis saw Shawn and Dayo and allowed them to pass.
"Mr. Bower and his Wife are up in the Building with that lunatic," Willis explains. "He says he has the entire building ready to blow. We can't take that chance."

Dayo needed to get them out. He promised himself that he'd never leave Jasmen and if she died, he would feel it was his fault.
"Do you think we can get in?"
Willis looked puzzled.
"You don't know where they are in the building and you want to go in? What if he detonated? You both will be killed!"
Dayo looks at Shawn. They both nod.
"You both are crazy, come with me."

Willis led them into a truck. Once inside, both men had seen the Monitors that were tapped into the Security videos, for Bower Tower, but it was only for Floors 1-3 that were on screen.
"We should have video of those Floors, but for some reason we aren't seeing any picture. I don't know why that is."
"Yeah, we are moving to L.A. so a lot of the floors are empty. No power to them. I don't know why there isn't any footage showing of the Lower floors. You think Sam's tampered with it?" Shawn asks Dayo.
"Wouldn't put it past him. And if we aren't seeing anything then that means they are on either on the second or third floor."
Willis looks at them both. "You think that's where they are?"
Dayo nods. "I am positive."

Willis hands them both Bullet proof vests, guns and Master Keys for the elevator.
Once they are ready to go, Willis tells them once they have Mr. and Mrs. Bower, to grab the Detonator. Not to worry if Sam escapes. Bower Tower was the immediate threat right now, if the Building went, God knows what else would go down with it, and how many people would be killed.

Dayo and Shawn exit the van. They were about 20 feet from the Tower when they heard explosions. Back to back. Both of their faces fell. Everyone was running away from the Tower at that point. Their worst fears realized. The Building started to fall.

Shawn and Dayo turned and started to run. They ran on top of Police vehicles and cars. They headed straight into an Alleyway and stopped to turn around. Thick smoke was coming at them. No one or anything could be seen inside the smoke. They kept running. Running for their lives.

Jasmen's Point-of-View

I wake up dazed and confused. Everything was dark, except for a piece of sunlight shining above me. How long have I been knocked out? Where was I?
There was running water, car alarms, and sounds of Paramedic vans.  It was all muffled. Then I hear someone yelling. I couldn't make out what they were saying. They just kept yelling.

My head. I've never experienced a headache of this magnitude. A minutes rolls by. The sound of running water and Paramedic truck start to clear up a bit.
"Jasmen!!"
I hear my name. Lucas? Where was he? Where was I?

"Baby, if you can hear me say something. Please. For the love of God! Hit on something. Please tell me you're alive!!"
"Lucas?"
My voice was almost completely gone. I try to move my arms. My left arm, I was able to raise. I found a metal pole and tried to hit the floor with it. It made no sound. I move my right arm to help with the effort and searing pain shot through it. It knew it was broken. I look down and there was a boulder on the lower half of my body. I tried moving my feet. They both felt fine. I was pinned but it wasn't against me. I was relieved.
"Baby please," Lucas started to sob. "If you are alive please let me know."
I inhaled deeply and swallowed a big puff of smoke. It made me cough violently.
"Jasmen! Oh my God!! Baby can you hear me!?"
The pain in my chest. Oh god, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't answer him back so I cough once.
"Hang on, okay? Help is on the way."

If this is what it took to get rid of Sam, I was content. How we survived this can only be a miracle. My entire body felt on fire. If this was the price to pay to get my peace of mind back, then so be it.
"We've been stuck here all night. I woke up almost an hour ago. I thought I lost you. Are you hurt badly?"
I start to cry. Not for me, but for him. We had gone through so much together and now we were stuck under a building. I didn't even know
how badly hurt he was. I try calling out for him. I was barely audible. I just kept repeating his name out loud until I was able to squeak it out.
"I hear you Jasmen! I hear you. Hold on baby. Save your strength!"
We suddenly here dogs barking. At first it was distant then it started growing closer.
"Oh my God," Lucas screams, "we're down here!!! Over here!!"
The dogs were very close. They started whimpering and barking. My guess was to draw attention to the fact that they found something. At that same time, I started to get dizzy. We were going to be rescued.

"Baby, are you still awake. Do you hear them? They are coming for us. Stay awake you hear me? Cough if you hear me."
His voice started to sound muffled and far away. I was so tired and cold. I wanted to sleep. I throw my hand up to hit myself. I need to stay awake. The thing was, it wouldn't cooperate. I was just so exhausted. Maybe if I close my eyes, for a while, I'd be fine. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

1 Months Later

"How are feeling?" I asked Lucas, as he shifted in his seat.
"My hip is killing me. I think it's because were so high up."
We had been flying for four hours already and
the altitude was messing with his hip. After 2 surgeries, Doctors had him out of casts and wearing a Boot. They told him he would be fine. He didn't like the idea, but tough! He had to get used to it. The bullet was removed and the Doctors said it didn't hit anything major. Dayo and Shawn were sitting behind us. They found it hilariously that Lucas was jumping around on one leg. He was always rude to them but they didn't let that bother them. They were happy we survived. Broken, but in one piece.

I was still sore all over but I got better as each day went by. I had a broken leg, broken arm, concussion, and a collapsed lung. I was worse than Lucas. I had a cast on my arm and leg. But the big baby was complaining?

We settled into our new Mansion. I had made sure everything was unpacked and in place within a weeks time. Bower Tower L.A. was well under construction. Lucas had construction crews working day and night. The Tower in London was set to be built again later on that Year. It would be a brand new, state of the art, self sustaining Tower. Just not as tall. Sam's remains were never recovered. They said from where he was standing, he was crushed to Death. The fire burned any remains that were left of him.

I was in our Bedroom laying down. Lucas had walked in with a tray of food for us.
"Hungry?" He asks.
"Always," I sit up in bed and he places the tray on my lap.
"Hope you like it, I made egg salad on toasted bread, some sausage and bacon, OJ, and Yogurt."
He then handed me a Rose.
I smile and kiss him.
"Thank you so much."
I take a bite and it wasn't that bad at all. He did a great job.
"I'm no Maria, but I tried."
I finish in no time and I cuddle against him.
He takes my good arm and kisses my hand.
"So this is what married to you and peace of mind feel like?"
He looked down at me and laughed.
"Yes," he says and kisses my forehead.
"So I have a meeting in an hour, Maddie is coming over for a while to help you with paperwork and I'll be back for dinner. But I suspect she wants to see Dayo. After that; it'll just be you and me, the entire weekend. Okay?"
I say yes and sigh.
"And I'd like to do one other thing..."
I look up at him and he rubs my belly.
"Half of my body is in a cast and you want me pregnant?"
"So," he laughs, "we just need your belly to grow. That's all."
We laugh. He kisses my hand, my forehead and then my lips.
"Forever, Mrs. Bower." He whispers.
"Forever, Mr. Bower."

The End
Book 2-on hold