Chapter 30

I had taken a shower and put my Robe back on. Lucas hadn't come up yet, so I decided to check on him. I felt so bad. It was our Wedding night and things had already started going wrong.
I make my way down to his Office and he's sitting down on the phone.

"So they are saying it was definitely bombs?"
I come around his desk and sit on his lap. He was so stressed out and tired. I sit on his lap and wrap one arm around his neck.
"Alright, how long until we get the crew up there? I want those Towers up and running ASAP. Great...make it happen."
He hangs the phone up, leans back on his chair, and closes his eyes.
"Hey." I say to him. He looks at me.
"Hi." I say again.
He inhales. "I'm tired. You've tired me out Mrs. Bower. And now this Company has me drained."
"Well then, lets go to bed. Tomorrow morning we can start our headaches all over again."
Lucas smiles, we stand and he picks me up carrying me Bridal Style.
"You're right!...Wait a sec, did we really just get married Mrs. Bower?"
He stops at the door and asks.
"Yes we did!! Like 5 minutes ago."
"Oh okay." He laughs. We make our way upstairs and finish the our Wedding Night with Round 3 and 4.

The next day, the House staff had returned from their mini-vacations. They looked refreshed and energized.
"It was amazing! We were being catered to the entire time. Oh, and the massages by Bruno!"
Tania leaned against the Kitchen counter and sighed. Kate and I started to laugh.
"Hey, Tania, when was the last time you got any, you know, something,something?"
My eyes opened wide. Kate was very outspoken. She was worst than me when it came to filtering ones mouth. I tried not to laugh but failed miserably.
"Hmmm...summer of 2000 probably."
We all laughed.

The Door Bell Rings. Shawn steps out of the Office and goes to the door.
"Good Morning. Flower Delivery for a Mrs. Bower." Shawn signed for it and grabbed the tall, White box from the Delivery man.
I smile and run up to Shawn, grabbing the box.
"No, Mrs. Bower, I have to check it!" He whispers loudly.
"Oh stop!" I laugh trying to open the Box. "It's obviously from Lucas. Everyone who knows I'm Mrs. Bower lives under this roof or signed an NDA."
I put the box on the table, remove the lid and I freeze. Its a bunch of dead Roses. I turn to Shawn and Lucas is walking out the Office.
"What's that?" Lucas says coming towards us.
"There's a card." Shawn says pointing to the lid. It was taped on. I remove it and open it.

Congratulations to the Newlyweds. I was a little sad to hear that I wasn't invited to the Festivities. Seeing as though the three of us are so close, you could've emailed me or something. I hope you enjoyed the first Wedding gift, those Cable Towers needed a new look. The second gift is waiting at Bower Tower.

Til Death do you Part.
Sam.

I stood there frozen. How did he know? I feel Lucas grab the Card from my hand. He reads it, throws it into the box and tells Shawn to throw it away. We go and sit in the Living Room.
I hear the Front Door open and close. Sherman, Luke's Lawyer, walks in. He throws the Newspaper on the Coffee table in front of us.
"Looks like its not a secret anymore." He puts his hands on his waist and walks away. I grab the Newspaper and see our faces on the front cover. HERE COMES THE BRIDE: LONDON'S BILLIONAIRE BACHELOR MARRIES.

"How did Sam find out?" I look at Lucas.
Sherman walks back and hears me. A confused look on his face. "What happened?"
Lucas fills him in about what just happened minutes before he walked in. Sherman pulls his phone out and starts calling around.

"Well, I just called my source at News International. He said the tip came in last night about the marriage."
I stand up from the sofa and go to the Window. "Do you think Sam got to the Judge?"
"I don't know." Lucas grabbed the Newspaper and began reading it.
Sherman takes a seat in front of Lucas. "I would advise against calling and asking. Judge Houston is a very powerful man in London, Lucas. Accusing him of anything will shatter your reputation and you won't look good."

Lucas starts laughing and gets up, throwing the Paper on the couch. "You think I give two shits about my reputation? Are you kidding me? This lunatic is doing everything to destroy my life and you think I care-!"
I walk towards Lucas and put my hand on his chest.
"Luke, stop. Please. Sherman is right."
He gives me a shocked look.
"Sam's been two steps ahead of us the entire time. We need every available resource. You accuse the Judge of anything, all those doors will close."

Sherman had brought documents for us to sign. I was part owner of everything that Luke owned now. We had fought about it earlier in the week but I just gave up and agreed.
"I advised Mr. Bower on a pre-nup but he said no." I didn't take offense to Sherman's words. I knew he was only looking out for his client and friend.
"I know. I told him I wanted one. I don't want any of this but you know how hard-headed he can be." Sherman agreed.
"You both realize I'm sitting here right?" Lucas was sitting on the couch across from his desk on his Cell Phone. He let me sit at his desk while I signed the Deed to the house, Bower Tower, bank accounts, and some House in LA that he just acquired. Boats, helicopter, all the companies under his belt. I was very uncomfortable. I didn't know what half of all this was, but they were mine.
"Tomorrow," Sherman began, "I'll stop by the bank and pick up your Credit cards. You'll be at work I suppose?" He asks looking at the both when it suddenly dawned on me.
"Lucas!" I get up and walk to him. "Oh my God! The card. Sam said he left us a gift at the Tower!"