Chapter 23

A week had gone by and I was ready to return to work. I knew bringing it up to Lucas would start a fight but I didn't care. I would go crazy if I had to stay in-doors one more day.
I walked back into Luke's Office. We were NOT done our discussion from an hour ago.
"You have that Tower locked up tighter than the White House. It's not like we work on different floors. You can see me through the Wall for Christ sake!"
It was one thing to argue with a pissed off Lucas, but a calm Lucas? That was worst.
"No, it's final. He was able to take a meeting with me and had a gun on him. The answer is No."

Bower Tower always had its own, one of a kind security system. It also had X-Ray Scanners. Lucas wanted to make sure every one of his employees felt safe. This was a crazy world we were living in and safety was always his priority. How Sam got into the Building without setting off the scanners worried him a lot.

"It's not fair! I can't live like this!" I yell, throwing myself backwards on to the couch and hitting my elbow, on the Wooden armrest.
Ow! My funny-bone!
"Hate this chair!" I say through gritted teeth rubbing my elbow.
Lucas looks up at me. I was sitting directly across from his desk.
"Yeah, you have it so hard. Big house, full staff, unlimited money. And if the chair bothers you so much, then don't sit there." He looks back down and continues going through his paperwork.
I knew he was stressed and was trying to figure everything out. He wanted Sam off the Street so that our lives could get back to some normalcy. That meant I was locked up in this Mansion until God knows how long. Unacceptable.

I had an idea.
Getting up slowly, I start unbuttoning my shirt. Enough that he could see cleavage and this new bra I had been bought on my first and last shopping trip with Cindy. I make my way behind his desk and run my hand along his shoulders. Once I'm on the other side, I pull his chair back. He looked confused until he saw my unbuttoned shirt.
I throw my leg over him and straddle him.
"Can I have your complete and undivided attention for 5 minutes?" I say slowly and sexy, loosening his tie.
"Make it 3, I have a meeting soon." He gives me a sexy smirk and leans back on his chair.
My mind goes blank. I've never done this before. What do I say? Should I just negotiate? Man, I didn't think this through.

"Fine." I whisper slowly into his ear.
It then dawned on me that sex was my forte. Not actual sex. But me being sexy might help me win this case.
"Do you love me?" I whisper again in his ear as I run my hands down his chest. He starts to squirm underneath me and slouches further into chair.
I look at him.
He licks his lips and closes his eyes.
"More than anything in the World."
Good answer. His eyes look down my shirt and up into my eyes.
"You like what you see?" I say as I play with the back of his hair.
He nods and smiles.
"So...back to what you where saying...more than anything in the World?"
"Yes. More than the fact that, you are sitting here looking absolutely breathtaking. Turning me on. Teasing me. Having me so ready to take you..."
He gets serious and stands up. My legs wrap around him. We still hadn't had actual intercourse but at this point, I didn't care. He could take me right now on this desk.

He lays me on the desk. Moving big objects so I can rest my head. He finishes unbuttoning my shirt and runs his hand down my stomach.
"So beautiful."  He whispers.
He sits me up so that I am sitting on the desk and he's between my legs. He kisses me softly, and then passionately. I begin melting. Please, I begin thinking. Make love to me here and now.
I don't realize we've stopped kissing until I hear his voice.
"So beautiful in fact," he let's go of me, and starts fixing his tie and hair. "That I see right through that obvious bullshit and you won't be going to work. Final decision. And I won't say it again."
My mouth falls open.
He squeezes my knee and walks off.
"Oh and by that way." He stops at the doorway and turns around. I don't bother facing him.
"That was very...sexy."
Ass.

"Are you sure he isn't gay? Men usually fall for that."
I had told Cindy about my failed attempt in convincing Lucas to let me go to work.
I had promised her she could raid my closet and today was that day.
"No he's not gay. He's hardheaded." I say sighing.
She starts trying on the pile that she threw on my bed.
"God this is so pretty. A little tight but I can have someone alter this."
"Oh," I get up and walk into the closet. I come out with heels. "Here, this will go perfectly with that Purple dress."
She jumps right into the shoes.

"Hey Jas, are you going to that Cancer Research Mascarade Ball?"
Uggh, it was all anyone at the Tower talked about.
"No. I don't feel like it. I don't care to dress up and be fake. I know it sounds horrible but I'd rather not go to that. I'll be standing around, next to Lucas, doing absolutely nothing. And with that Pyscho somewhere out there, I think Luke should've changed the date or something."
"No, you have to go! And you can't let that Douche keep you locked up in this Castle, ruining your life."
She walks up and her places her hand on my shoulder. "And besides, who's going to tell me about everything thats goes on that night. All the drama that may or may not happen. Please do it for me! I can't afford a $10,000 Plate!"
I start laughing.
"Fine! Geez! I'll go! But if I have a horrid time I'm going after you."
"Deal!"
She walks back to the Mirror.
"So! What do you think?" She says turning to me.
"I think I'm going to throw up."
We both turn and Lucas is standing in the closet doorway. He grabs a pair of Jeans and T-shirt and walks out. Our closet was finished a week ago and the space was massive and beautiful. I still had a lot of shopping to do, just so that I could fill my side up, and letting Cindy take whatever she wanted made me even more excited to go shopping.
"Cindy, do you really think it's appropriate to go shopping in my Girlfriends closet?"
Cindy and I look at each other and rolls our eyes.
"Yes it is. I can't afford any of this stuff."
She checks herself in the mirror and looks at Lucas.
"Eat your heart out, Bower!" She bopped and spun around a couple of times.
"I think I feel my Lunch coming up."
Lucas walked out.

I told Cindy I'd be right back and went into the bedroom, where Lucas was changing out of his suit.
"How was your meeting?"
I grab his clothes and throw them into the Hamper, that goes out to dry clean.
"Good. Getting some new X-Ray scanners. State of the Art stuff."
Oh.
"Listen," he says grabbing my hands and pulling me towards him. "I'm going against my better judgement and I'm letting you go back to Work."
Seriously? I squeal!
"I definitely don't want you thinking you have no life, but I'm just scared that lunatic is still out there, waiting for another opportunity to grab you. He can take away my money, and my career. None are as important as you are."
I place my hands on his chest and look into his eyes. He reached for my neck and pulled me into a kiss. Right when I get into it, he stops and clears his throat. He was looking behind me. Cindy had been standing there.
"Ugh, we will continue this later, Jas."
He smiles at me and walks out the room.
It was so sad that whenever we got an ounce of happiness, Sam would always ruin it for us. We didn't know his moves or his whereabouts.

Lucas was so sure that I'd be protected.
I knew better.
No matter where we were, that Monster would somehow find out. That scared me. My Boyfriend put on a brave front, but I knew he was scared too. Luke would give up his entire life for me without hesitating. Lay his life on the line. I only prayed it would never come to that.
I turn and head back into the Closet.