Chapter 43

How was this possible? I saw Lucas shoot him in the neck!
"How are you alive?" I say backing away, my voice was trembling.
"What? This little thing?" He points to the taped gauze on the side of his neck and started to walk towards me. "It was more of scratch."
I grab the only weapon I see on the desk. A pen. Sam chuckles.
"Now, Sweety, I survived a bullet to the neck. I'm pretty sure a pen isn't going to do anything."
"Don't come near me!"
He stops and tilts his head. His smiles again and scowls.
"Ok!" Sam screams making me jump. He sits on Luke's desk and turns his head to me.
"Alright. How about this? You get Lucas up here and we can all have a nice, civilized conversation. Hm?"
"Go to hell!" I say through gritted teeth. I was not going to do that.
"No?" Sam looked hurt and confused.
He then jumps off the table, runs towards me and pulls me towards him, making me jump. I drop the pen. He pulls a gun out his back pocket and puts it underneath my neck.
"Oh, you will." He starts to nuzzle my neck and then licks the bottom of my neck to my chin. I tried to move away but he pushed the gun harder against my neck.
"No, kill me! I'm not calling him up here!"
Sam started to laugh.
"She that's what I admire most about you Bowers. Resilient to the end. I must say, I admire the fact that you want to protect your Husband. It really is romantic. Let's be frank, if he were here, he would do the same for you."

He removes the gun from my neck and backs away from me, walking towards the desk and sits back on it. He takes the gun and starts tapping his forehead with it. As if he were thinking about something.
"But what happens when 500+ people are involved? What if you, me, Lucas and EVERYONE in this building were in danger? Even those that are waiting, patiently, outside this Building."
Sam gets up and walks around the chair, opening the first drawer. He takes out a small remote. The top of it was blinking yellow.
"What is that?" I say looking at him, then towards the Door. Running out the Room seemed like a good idea.
It was as if he heard my thoughts, he took the gun and pointed it at me.
"It's a remote. I have this entire building rigged. For some time too. I knew eventually I'd blow everything he worked for sky high, but every time I bumped into you too, it just wasn't the time. It took about 2
Months to do it. I was in and out every, single day. No one suspected a thing. Lucas really needs new security measures. And then I hear about this event two weeks ago and why not? It was the perfect time to blow this God forsaken Tower. I did plan to kill the two of you when I kidnapped you both, but that annoying BITCH ruined it."
"Cindy?"
"Yes, Cindy." He says angrily.
"She had one job. One! Couldn't hand him the fucking papers without giving him that gun! Fucking screw up! She was actually my escape goat. Oh, she was going to die eventually but not before you two. It was supposed to be murder-suicide. She does all this, kills the both of you, then herself. Motive? Jealousy. She wanted to be with Lucas but he was married to you. So she puts everyone out their misery. Yeah Police have me on surveillance, the Night of the Ball, but what exactly do they have on me? What was my purposes in her skillful, laid out plan? I was Trevor of course! The doting Boyfriend. She spoke highly of me to everyone in HR. No one would suspect me of anything."

He started to laugh. "If felt so good shutting her up once and for all!"
"When they figure out who you are and your relationship to this Building..."
"True. But I am actually Trevor Donahue. Identity change. Perks of dating someone that worked for the Government. Annabelle. Great woman. When she found out I was a psycho, she threatened to have me arrested. Couldn't have that. So...I burned her house down. With her in it."
He shrugged his shoulders.
"You're not going to kill us all. You'll die too if this building goes."
He cocks his head to the side and stares at the gun, his face turned serious. Then puts the Gun to his temple.
"I died a long time ago. When my Best Friend took the love of my life, and everything that was
mine. When my Dad said I meant nothing to him. Death doesn't scare me anymore. When you have
nothing to lose..."
If I had a Violin in hand, I would've played it for him.