26. Confrontation

"Help me why?", you ask. Ben sighs and reaches his hand out in your direction. You unintentionally flinch. He keeps going until he grasps your hood, pushing it back. Now he can see your face, it's such a shame you're no longer yourself. "You're changing ", he says. I look up meeting his black and red eyes. "Change is supposed to be a good thing", I reply. He lets out another sigh. "Not always". We sit in silence, his eyes never leave me.

"I'm going to confront Slender", Ben says, breaking the silence. I stare blankly at him. "Why?". What's the point,I'm a lost cause. "Because we care about you ". "We?", I question. "Me and the rest of the creepypastas ". I look down at my fidgeting hands. "Don't waste your words and time on me, I'm fine". Ben roughly grabs my forearms and forces me to look into his eyes. "Stop saying stuff like that! You're not a waste, let me help you!", he yells. I stare at him, my eyes becoming watery. Tears begin descending down my face. Ben's eyes soften and he lets go of me. "(Y/n) I-". You cut him off my wrapping your arms around his neck and sobbing into his shoulder. "W-why does Slender hate me?", you sob. Ben shrugs his shoulders. "I dunno, it's hard to hate you y'know". You pull away slightly and look up at him ,his cheeks are coloured a light pink. You rest your forehead against his chest and start to giggle. "God you're an idiot". He rolls his eyes but refuses to let go of you.

Outside of the room
The other creepypastas stood in the hall listening. Masky and Hoodie leant on either side of the door while the others gathered around it. Sally sat on the ground holding her stuffed bear to her chest. Tears ran down her cheeks and down onto her bear. "Why doesn't Slendy like (Y/n), Jeffy?", she asks tugging at the boy's hoody. Jeff shrugs his shoulders and runs his fingers through his hair. "I dunno, none of us do". Suddenly Ben walks out of the room, carrying (Y/n) bridal style. He held her tightly, making sure he wouldn't drop the sleeping girl. "Come on", Masky says. "Let's do it now".

The creepypastas sat in the living room, all gathered around the sleeping girl. Her hood was pulled back so everyone could she her face. Red, puffy eyes from crying and cheekbones visible from malnourishment. If she was a little paler she could be mistaken for being dead. They all watch protectively over her, Sally brushes her fingers through the older girl's hair. Slender enters through the living room door, his 'eyes' looking over everyone, stopping on the sleeping girl. "What are you all doing?", he asks. No one answers, their eyes just travel to (Y/n). "We want you to let her go", Ben says suddenly. Slender turns his attention to the blonde boy, glaring daggers down at him. "I will do nothing of the sort". "Please Slender, (Y/n)'s miserable ", Masky pleads. "I said no!", Slender growls. The room falls silent, a sudden sob grabs Slender's attention. Sally rubs her eyes, hugging (Y/n) close. Slender's eyes soften at the sight of the young girl. "Why do you hate (Y/n) so much, Slendy?", Sally asks. Slender's 'eyes' widen in shock. "I don't hate her", he says quietly. "Then why!? What are you doing this to her!?", Ben yells. Slender grits his teeth within his sealed mouth. "It's not my choice", he growls, glaring at the floor. "Not your choice?! What do you mean not your choice!?". Ben walks over to you, picking up your arm and pulling the sleeve up. Along your forearm were a series of cuts, some were older and had scarred over but others were new. "She wants to die because of you, she hates living!". "I'm doing what I have to to protect her". "Protect her from what?!". Slender's tendrils appear from behind him. "I don't have to explain anything to you!", he growls. "Let her go, you bastard!". "What did you say?!". "I said-!". "Ben please stop it", a gentle voice calls. He looks back to see you sitting up, rubbing your eyes. "But I-". "Ben, I'm not worth it, leave it be". You look down at you forearm, letting your index finger trace the scars. "Y-you can't let him do this to you", he whispers. You gently smile at him and stand.  "I promise you, I'm fine". Ben watches you in disbelief as you walk out of the room and up into your own. He looks back and is meet with an unimpressed Slender. Ben grits his teeth and chases after you.

Your POV
I sit down on my bed and stare out the window. I can see Rake looking up at me, sadness evident in his large eyes. He doesn't leave the front of the mansion now, he spends all his time walking the perimeter, never taking a break. Ben runs into my room  and grabs me by the shoulders. "Why are you letting him do this to you?", he asks, staring into my eyes. I blink a few times before answering. "Because I love him".

Not love as in a relationship but as a father. Thought I'd just clear that up. This story is coming close to its end, I wanna thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoy the ending soon to come. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD