ɑ ʍღтɦєʀ's ℓღνє.

"Are you writing me a love letter, toots?" A male voice inquired, coming from seemingly nowhere

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Are you writing me a love letter, toots?" A male voice inquired, coming from seemingly nowhere.

Danielle Claire jumped in her sitting position on the rocking chair startled. Her eyes glared at nothing in particular, not seeing where the voice came from.

Grumbling she shifted in the chair, her enormous belly balancing a small notebook and pen on it. The young woman's curly hair fluttered, as Danielle moved her head side to side trying to find where her supposed 'baby daddy' was.

When her eyes picked up on nothing, she huffed in annoyance taking a deep breath trying not to let the hormones take over.

"Did you just call me, 'toots'?" She rubbed her forehead, placing a hand on her stomach.

"Yep." The same male voice said in a spunky tone.

Within a few seconds fluttering wings sounded about, and suddenly standing in front of Danielle's rocking chair was the archangel, Gabriel.

Gabriel came in the form of a man who looked to be in his mid-thirties. Of course, this was not his true visage; for this 'meat-suit' as Gabriel put it—was but a vessel. Unfortunately, most humans had trouble perceiving an angel's true form; it kills most—therefore angels were stuck roaming the Earth using vessels.

 Unfortunately, most humans had trouble perceiving an angel's true form; it kills most—therefore angels were stuck roaming the Earth using vessels

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"You know, I don't even know how I was so drunk that I actually slept with you." Danielle sighed, resting a hand over her swollen stomach.

"Hurtful." Gabriel mocked, placing a hand on his chest. "I am the hot one out of all my brother's."

Danielle threw her head back laughing, Gabriel joining in. After a few seconds of little laughter shared between the two, a comfortable silence rolled in. Danielle rubbed her stomach thoughtfully, her love for the child strong.

"Gabe." Danielle sighed, earning Gabriel's full attention. "I know I won't live even to hold our daughter after the birth, so promise me you'll protect her," Danielle said softly, tears forming in her eyes.

'Damn hormones,' Danielle thought angrily to herself.

"Always," Gabriel said, walking forward softly thumbing away the tears falling down Danielle's face.

"Oh, I can't believe an archangel knocked me up," Danielle whispered, chuckling a bit.

Gabriel smiled genuinely; a rare occasion for him, shaking his head. "Danielle, I will protect our daughter with my life; I swear by it." He took her hands in his, squatting down to her sitting height.

"I know." She confidently spoke with a smile. "Will you tell her about me? About how much I love her." Danielle said, looking down at her stomach.

"Of course, always and forever."

"I love you baby girl." Danielle smiled, rubbing her stomach.

A gasp left her, as a rather massive push was felt in her abdomen. As if the baby was trying to reply.

"What's wrong?" Gabriel questioned, worried.

With wide eyes, Danielle looked to her stomach which had a small foot imprinted on her skin. Gabriel saw this as well, and let out a laugh of disbelief.

"I love you so much..." Danielle cried to her baby, rubbing her stomach affectionately.

Gabriel shook his head, "She's so strong already..." He trailed off.

"That would be expected with an archangel Nephilim as you told me." Danielle pointed out.

"That's very true, the power she'll possess will be more than anything this universe has seen for trillions of years." Gabriel sighed, looking at Danielle.

"Danielle, no one can know about her. If Heaven or Hell knew she would be tracked to the ends of the Earth, and they wouldn't stop until they had her in their grasp." Gabriel sighed, placing a hand on Danielle's stomach.

Almost immediately after a small hand imprinted through the skin, as if the baby was reaching for its father. The baby could sense Gabriel's similar power source and was recognizing him as one of her parents.

"Why?" Danielle asked, her tone laced with confusion.

Yes, her child was going to be very powerful, but why would so many creatures want her? She was still just a baby. Her baby.

"Danielle... an ordinary Nephilim on its own is extremely powerful. That is why Heaven had strictly forbidden it. However, our daughter has me as her father; an archangel. The power she'll possess will be so strong, so pure..." Gabriel trailed off, sighing. "In simpler terms, our daughter will virtually be able to do anything and will be extremely hard to kill. If Heaven knew about this, they would try to weaponize her. Danielle, our child, could rip the universe apart if provoked far enough." Gabriel finished.

Unlike the popular belief, Heaven and its angels were not perfect by any definition. God disappeared, most angels—save for a few—were dicks, and Hell was, well; Hell. Danielle knew this thanks to her archangel baby daddy.

"Well that's just great, our baby needs to stay hidden from the world or else she'll be hunted." Danielle sighed sarcastically, running her fingers through her caramel hair.

"Yeah, but Papa's gonna keep her safe." Gabriel cooed to Danielle's stomach as if the child could actually see him. "Isn't that right... oh, we really need a name for you. Any idea's toots?" Gabriel looked into the Hazel eyes of Danielle.

She scowled, narrowing her eyes at him. "Stop calling me that," Danielle demanded before her eyes lit up at the question, causing Gabriel to chuckle at her antics. "Well, ever since I could remember I always told myself I would name my daughter; Pandora. Not after anything particular, but just because it was unique." She said, with a shy smile hoping Gabriel would like the name.

The notebook had been discarded on the floor next to Gabriel. He smiled at the name, finding a fondness in it himself.

"I like it," Gabriel muttered smiling to Danielle Claire. "Pandora Claire."