The New Year's Eve Gala.

F O R T Y - T W O
The New Year's Eve Gala

"Wow..." Fred wolf-whistled as I came down the stairs of the burrow.

I smirked, fluffing out the skirt part of my dress. Unlike many assumed, I bought a shorter dress—one that stopped just at the middle of my thigh. New Orleans really was the place to get fashion.

The dress was more modern in its style, essentially almost futuristic for the '90s, something someone would wear in my time.

It was beige with rhinestone spikes lining the waist cutting the top off from the skirt. Toward the bottom, dramatic ruffles flowed out giving it the fluffy impression.

Truthfully, it was a beautiful dress, but I also knew it would make me stick out amongst the crowd. Something we weren't going for.

Not even to mention the golden rhinestone spike encrusted stilettos.

"You realize the idea is to not be noticed?" Alastor Moody questioned with a heavy scowl.

I had met Alastor earlier that day. He was a skilled Auror, rough around the edges and yet still a great man.

"Mmm," I hummed bouncing off the last step, standing in between Fred and George who were both wearing impeccable black tuxedos. "Don't worry it's a masquerade no one will recognize us." I waved him off.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see George tugging at his bow tie. It was apparent these fancy suits really weren't what the twins were used to wearing, nor what they liked to wear.

Though I would admit the suit made them look quite attractive. I wouldn't lie, the twins had a boyish charm about them that no doubt made them a heartthrob at Hogwarts. I'll bet if Fred's girlfriend Angela saw him, she wouldn't be able to keep her hands off him.

"Are you kidding me, right now?" Alastor threw his hands up in exasperation. "Do you take the Dark Lord and his followers as fools? One little mask is not going to hide your identity very well!" He shouted, myself shrugging while handing Fred and George the masks I bought for them.

George took his with raised brows, the twins masks were identical except for the fact that George's was white while Fred's was black.

"I guess we'll just need to remain under the radar then." I clicked my tongue, tying my own golden mask around my face.

Alike to the dress, the mask was gorgeous with beautiful swirls and intricate designs. It was also slightly flashy, it would be all the much harder to slide under the radar with how I was dressed.

Fred snorted motioning to my outfit. "Good luck with that dress and mask. You're like a walking sign reading 'look at me!" I lightly hit Fred's shoulder shaking my head.

"Oh well, I was born to stand out!" I dramatically flailed my arms, Alastor pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You're not tonight, the Dark Lord absolutely cannot see you and if he does he can't know it's you or we lose all tactic of surprise." The Auror grumbled, giving us pointed looks.

Standing there in their masks, the twins would only be recognizable if the person who saw them was very familiar. Luckily, the New Years Gala was only having dark wizards and witches, so they shouldn't recognize the Weasley twins all that well.