Childhood Secrets.

T W E N T Y
Childhood Secrets

I watched over Tom's shoulder as he brewed the apparent 'Elixir to Induce Euphoria.' The smell tickled at my nose, causing me to sniff.

Realizing I was about to sneeze, Tom whirled around with a warning glare. "Don't you dare sneeze on me Lightly." I glared at that, turning away from him letting out a small sneeze.

"I was not going to sneeze on you." I turned around to face Tom once more, who only rolled his eyes going back to potion making.

"Yeah, well I don't know with you. You tend to lack manners." My mouth fell agape at that.

"Said the boy who was snooping around the girls bathroom." I scoffed, Tom's head frantically looking around to make sure no one else heard.

"Shut it, Lightly." He snapped, realizing no one heard my previous comment. "I already told you I had reason to believe there was suspicious activity going on in there." He continued brewing the potions.

"Yeah, I'm sure you were hoping that activity included seeing some girls underwear." I mock sighed, "Honestly Tom if you were that desperate-" I was cut off by him.

"If you say one more word..." He trailed off in a warning tone, me holding my hands up in surrender.

"Fine whatever." I paused. "Pervert." That made him growl, and turn to look at the professor.

"Professor." He called, me unsure of what exactly it was he was doing.

Professor Slughorn turned from looking into some other Slytherin's cauldron, facing us. After the incident when I first got here, I still wasn't allowed to touch a potion by myself.

"Ah, Tom m'boy." Slughorn gave a jolly smile, walking over. "How's the potion going."

"Fantastic sir, but I feel as though Rhiannon," He motioned to me. "Isn't particularly understanding how to do it by just watching, perhaps it would be more efficient if I instructed her on what to do?" The innocent question was thrown out there, much to my annoyance.

Tom knew well that I did not want to do it. Especially when I would be taking orders from him.

"Splendid idea, Tom." He patted him on the shoulder. "Just make sure to keep a close eyes on her, we all know you," He pointed to me with a raised brow. "Are quite troublesome when it comes to brewing potions." He laughed, Tom joining along giving me a smirk.

My cheeks heated in rage, and I clenched my fist, but gave the Professor a false smile all the more.

"Darcy!" A Gryffindor female called out her partner, as she put the wrong ingredient in.

Professor Slughorn gave Tom a sorry look before trotting over to help the girls.

"Screw you." I groaned at Tom's smirking expression, taking the ladle from him.

Tom stood close behind me, so close that I feel the warmth of his body on mine. The close proximity caused me to take a small intake of air, feeling my soul trying to stir from within me.

"Now," Tom breathed down my neck, leaning over in front of me to point to the potion text book. The feel of his arm brushing against me sent shivers shooting down my spine originating me to close my eyes for just a second. "We're going to finish this off, so add some Wormwood." His lips were next to my ear.

Gulping, I grabbed the Wormwood tossing it into the cauldron. "Good, now stir it six times anti-clockwise." Tom's warm breath fanned across the side of my face.

As odd as it was I couldn't help admire the minty smell to his breath. I mentally slapped myself for being so weird, who freaking thought about the smell of someone's breath? Especially when that person happened to be Voldemort?