Fairies.

T W E L V E
Fairies

"Fairies are mischievous supernatural beings that come in a variety of forms. They can only be seen by those who have been to their realm, a supernatural being of class seven or higher, or if they choose to be seen." I explained, to Tom seeing his face twist into confusion.

"Class seven?" He stated in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, the ole' supernatural power wheel. Something beyond class seven would be like an angel, pagan god, demons." I said earning a nod from Tom as his eyes glazed as if in thought.

"Anyway," I stated getting back on track. "Fairies come in many forms, and have been described as 'magical and mischievous beings from the realm next door'. This realm; Avalon, is considered another dimension or reality. Fairies have been classified into two groups—one consisting of light fairies and the other of dark ones. However, there has not been many details about identifying fairy classes." I said, talking from what I read. "Though, that's all just from the text." I pointed out, Tom's face shifting into one of intrigue.

"It is my belief that fairies can easily be summoned with a spell, to make deals with us humans." I told him a theory that I haven't quite gotten along to testing.

Tom's eyebrows furrowed in a way which said he disagreed. "I don't think so, wouldn't there be a spell in the textbooks for something like that?" He pointed out the obvious.

"Unless it's old magic." I fired back. "We very well know that our ancestry used powerful magic of different types." I said, making sure to specially say 'our'—insinuating that I was in fact witch as not to arise suspicion.

"Of course, but don't you think that for something such as summoning an entity from an entirely different realm, we'd have kept some record of it?" He stressed, stubbornly sticking to his point.

"Not if it was deemed too dangerous." It was like a seesaw, teetering back and forth between who had the upper hand in this debate. "Say every time a witch summoned a fairy it never ended positively. The witch or wizard always was left with a consequence, so generations go on the community learns from their mistakes, votes to burn any spells on summoning fairies. Fast forward hundreds of years-" I was cut off by Tom's extremely interested tone of voice.

"You have no known record of any spells revolving around fairies." He concluded, his eyes giving away the wheels turning in his head.

I hadn't yet had the chance to prove my theory by going back thousands of years, to see if wizards and witches did in fact summon fairies. In some odd way I sort of wanted to bring along Tom, just so he could see the outcome of our little debate here.

My eyes widened at my own thoughts. That was an extremely idiotic thought. I absolutely under no circumstances could ever bring along Tom, nor even hint to him my true nature in the slightest. Tom Marvolo Riddle crossing over into my life would be one of the biggest catastrophes to occur.

"That sure is a brilliant theory; Lightly." He complimented, causing much to my dismay my cheeks to heat up.

"Thanks." I grumbled, turning away so he couldn't see my face.

"Too bad you're only brilliant in History." He added on, making me huff at his hidden rude comment.

"Whatever." I spit, glaring at him. "I told you all there is to know about fairies, I'm leaving now." I stood from the warm comfy couch.

Just as I was about to get to the door, Tom gripped my wrist stopping my movement. His touch was surprisingly gentle, as he turned me to face him. His ice eyes glared deeply into mine while he tugged me in the direction of the table.