Chapter 7: Collecting Scream Energy

The male Scarers approached each door, preparing to scare.

"You're the boss. You're the boss. You're the big, hairy boss," Mike told Sulley before he went in the room and shut the door.

The others did the same. Mike listened until he heard a child scream. He watched the container fill up then he took it off.

Sulley came out and said, "Oh, I'm feeling good today, you guys!"

They saw the score go a little.

"Yeah!" Y/N cheered.

"Whoa! Attaboy. Attaboy. Another door coming right up for you, Y/N," Mike told her as he sent the previous door away.

She nodded as Sulley came to her and they kissed.

Randall finished and saw his score barely go up, making him growl in frustration.

"You're still behind, Randall. You know, maybe I should realign the scream intake valve," Fungus started.

"Just get us another door!" Randall and G/E/N yelled.

Fungus squealed and responded, "A door! Yes, door!"

Every Scarer and assistant were busy. The assistants got canisters, prepared the doors, and exchanged them when that door was done. Scarers switched each time for a new door.

Mr. Waternoose entered and went to Jerry.

"Well, Jerry, what's the damage so far?" Mr. Waternoose asked.

"We may actually make our quota today, sir," Jerry informed.

"Hmm. First time in a month," Mr. Waternoose responded.

Chuck was seeing his canister starting to fill up until it went back down. This confused him and he tried to fix it until Peter Ward came out in a panic and started crying. His partner, Cheri Rage, came over to him.

(A/N Just off the top of my head. And here is Cheri Rage.)

"What happened?" Cheri asked

"The kid almost touched me! She got this close to me!" Peter told him.

"She wasn't scared of you? She was only six!" Chuck exclaimed.

"I could've been dead! I could've died!" Peter screamed, grabbing Chuck.

Chuck slapped him and told him, "Keep it together, man."

"Calm down, guys," Cheri said, whistled, then called over, "Hey! We got a dead door over here!"

Needleman and Smitty came rushing in with a door shredder and closed off the door.

"We've lost 58 doors this week, sir," Jerry informed.

"Oh, kids these days. They just don't get scared like they used to," Waternoose explained in disappointment.

"Let her rip!" Needleman said.

They shredded the door and the metal hinges came out the slot.

As others were scaring, G/E/N came out with a huff until Randall came up to her.

"Uh, sir? Ma'am?" Fungus said.

"What?!" both shouted.

Fungus whimpered then instructed, "Look."

They looked at the screen to their score was higher than Sulley's and Y/N's.

"Attention. We have new scare leaders: Randall Boggs and G/E/N Rancid," Celia announced over the P.A.

G/E/N and Randall smirked as the other monsters congratulated them. But that was short-lived when they saw Mike replace canisters very fast. Once done, they were full with scream energy and Sulley and Y/N came out, cracking their knuckles.

"Slumber party," Sulley said.

Y/N giggled as they both high-fived Mike. Their score went higher than Randall's and G/E/N's and they were back on top.

"Never mind," Celia corrected.

The other monsters cheered, accidentally bumping into Randall and G/E/N.

"Hey! Watch it!" G/E/N exclaimed.

The other monsters rushed to Sulley and Y/N and they gave them high-fives until Mr. Waternoose came up to them.

"Well, James, Y/N, that was an impressive display!" Mr. Waternoose said.

"Oh, just doing our job, Mr Waternoose," Sulley shrugged.

"Of course, we did learn from the best," Y/N added, making all three of them laugh.

"If we don't see a new door at my station in five seconds, G/E/N and I will personally put you through the shredder!" Randall shouted at Fungus, making him scream and run away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You and Sulley still reigning champions! Awesome!