Chapter 14: A Dangerous Visitor

The news came on with the headline "Kid-Tastrophe" with Harryhausen's in the back. Many monsters explained what they saw or heard.

"If witnesses are to be believed, there has been a child security breach for the first time in monster history," the news reporter said.

"We can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a human child here tonight," a CDA agent informed.

"Well, a kid flew right over me and blasted a car with its laser vision!" one monster exclaimed.

"I tried to run from it, but it picked me up with its mind powers and shook me like a doll!" another exaggerated.

"It's true! I saw the whole thing!" a third agreed.

"It is my professional opinion that now is the time to...panic!" the second news reporter said.

That's when the child knocked over the TV in Mike's, Y/N's, and Sulley's apartment.

"Uh-oh," she replied.

All three of them, in homemade armor, screamed. Sulley and Mike hid behind the love seat while Y/N flew to a corner of the ceiling and got as close as she could.

"Oh, it's coming! It's coming!" Mike signaled.

"Watch out, guys!" Y/N warned.

"Boo!" the child exclaimed when she got to their side of the love seat.

They screamed again and ran to the window. They saw helicopters looking for the child, so they covered the windows. The child got off the love seat and ran to them again. They screamed and ran toward Y/N as the girl headed for one of the windows.

"No, no, no, no, no! Come here, kid," Mike exclaimed.

"Whee," the child squealed when Mike lifted her with the broom then sprayed where she was.

"No, don't touch those, you little--!" Mike started until she knocked over his CDs, then said as he took his mask off, "Oh, now those were alphabetized. It's okay, it's all right. As long as it doesn't come near us we're going to be okay."

The little girl then sneezed on Mike's eye. He freaked and sprayed his eye, making his scream in pain.

Sulley got Y/N to get down and he held her close.

"It's going to be okay," he tried to assure.

She started to steady her breathing until she saw the little girl coming their way.

"Sulley, it's coming back!" she screamed.

Sulley got in front of her and put out the garbage can lid like a shield. She still kept coming, making them back up.

"Wanna ride on it!" the girl said, making Sulley get on the love seat.

"Get behind the chair," Sulley instructed.

Y/N obeyed when she noticed the child wanting the bear.

"Da, da-da. Da-da-da," the child exclaimed.

"Oh, y-you like this? Fetch!" Y/N asked then threw the bear.

The girl cheered as she ran for the bear, picked it up, and hugged it.

"Good thinking, Y/N," Sulley smiled.

"Thanks, Blue Boy," Y/N returned and leaned into his embrace.

When Mike recovered, he saw the scene before him and gasped.

"Hey, hey, that's it! No one touches little Mikey!" Mike remarked, snatching the bear from her.

The little girl went from happy to sad. She started whining as tears began to form.

"Mike, give her the bear," Sulley whispered.

Mike hugged the bear close until he saw the girl was about to break.

"Oh, no," Mike said, hiding behind the bear.

Then she screamed as she cried her eyes out. Her screams made the lights flicker, which caught the attention of one helicopter. This made the three monsters scream and Mike rushed over to close the blinds.

"Make it stop, guys! Make it stop!" Mike begged as he finally closed the blinds.

"Look! See the bear? Ooh, nice bear," Sulley replied, holding the bear toward her.

The little girl only screamed louder.

"Sulley! Y/N!" Mike scolded as the helicopter didn't leave.

Y/N then thought of an idea.

"Sing through the bear," she suggested.

"What?" Sulley questioned.

"Trust me," Y/N assured.

He shrugged and started singing through the bear.

"Ooh, bear, ooh. Oh, he's a happy bear. He's not crying, neither should you. Or we'll be in trouble. 'Cause they're gonna find us. So please stop crying. Right now," Sulley sang.

The little girl stopped crying and looked at the bear. Mike noticed the helicopter leaving.

"Good, good, Sulley. Keep it up. You're doing great," Mike encouraged.

"Ooh, the happy bear, he has no--" Sulley continued.

Then when the girl hugged the bear and Sulley's hand, he screamed and accidentally threw the bear across the room.

"She touched me!" Sulley shouted, making the girl cry again.

"Sulley, the bear! The bear! Give her the-- Whoa!" Mike shouted and ran toward him until he tripped.

He rolled into the garbage can, his mouth filled with VHS tapes, then one of the speakers landed on his head. The little girl giggled at first then screamed with laughter. This made all the apartments around the area go on and flicker brightly until everyone's power went out.

"What was that?" Sulley asked.

Mike hopped over, still in the trash can, and answered, "I have no idea but it would be really great if it didn't do it again."

"I agree," Y/N breathed.

The little girl giggled until Sulley shushed her. She shushed back, but still with a little laughter. They shushed back and forth one more time. They all knew that this wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, that happened. What are you guys gonna do now?