Chapter 38: Goodbyes

Sulley pressed the button on the panel, letting the door come to life. Y/N hugged his arm while Mike tapped Boo's shoulder, getting her attention.

"Well, so long, kid," Mike said, trying to play off a handshake.

"Mike Wazowski!" Boo exclaimed, hugging him instead.

"Yeah. Ah, Boo, it's been fun," Mike said, fully hugging her, then added as Sulley and Y/N led her to the door, "Go ahead. Go grow up."

Y/N held Boo's hand as Sulley opened the door to reveal her bedroom. Boo squealed and ran in, looking at her toys. Then she ran to the couple and brought them in.

"Uh-uh, B-Boo...?" Sulley stammered.

"Um...Boo?" Y/N asked.

She spoke baby talk as she got her bear and held it to Sulley.

"Oh, look at that. Yeah, you know--" he said.

Then she got her Jessie doll and gave it to Y/N.

"Oh, that's cute, yeah," she commented.

She kept talking as she handed Y/N a star ball.

"Uh, Boo, um..." she giggled.

Then she gave Sulley a squeaky clownfish.

"Well, that's very nice," he replied.

As she giggled, Sulley noticed she was distracted.

"Come here, you!" Sulley said.

He picked her up and lifted her in the air, making her and Y/N giggle. He got her to the bed and they tucked her in.

"Oh, he's a happy bear," Sulley sang.

Boo and Y/N giggled as he gave Boo the bear. Then she pointed at the door while talking baby talk, which made the couple turn to it for a second.

"Nothing's coming out of your closet to scare you anymore, right?" Y/N wondered.

"Mm..." Boo nodded.

"Yeah," Sulley said, lifting her chin gently, then replied sadly, "Goodbye, Boo."

"Birdie. Kitty," Boo pleaded, placing one hand on Sulley's paw and the other on Y/N's hand.

"Birdie and Kitty have to go," Sulley told her.

Boo got up and hugged both of them. Y/N started tearing up as they both let her go and tucked her in. Sulley held Y/N's hand as she kissed Boo's forehead.

"We love you, Boo," Y/N said.

Sulley nodded and they went to the door. They took one last look at the little girl before gently closing the door behind them.

Boo then jumped out of bed, walked to the closet, and opened it, expecting to see Sulley and Y/N.

"Boo!" she remarked.

But all she saw was the inside of her closet with her clothes were hanging and extra toys laid on the top shelf.

"Birdie? Kitty?" she questioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is so sad! 😩😭😩😭🤧