Chapter 41: The Laugh Floor

A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER

A child was sound asleep until he heard his door open. As the monster appeared and before the child could scream, it got out a microphone.

"Hey, is this thing on? Hello? Hello? Testing, testing," Mike asked as the kid turned the light on and Mike continued, "Hey, good evening. How are you? How are you? Nice to see you. I tell you, it's good to be here in...your room. Where you from?"

The child said nothing.

"Never mind. You're in kindergarten, right? Oh, I love kindergarten. Best three years of my life. Of my life," Mike said, repeating the last part to get a reaction.

The child didn't do anything.

"But I love sports. Dodgeball was the best. Oh, yeah. I was the fastest one out there. Course I was the ball. But I...was the ball, see?" Mike asked then decided, "All right."

Seeing the child not react, he stood up and ate the microphone. He waited then burped loudly, making the child laugh.

"Hey, thanks a lot. I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses," Mike said.

The laughter continued as Mike checked the larger canister and saw it fill all the way up. That's when Sulley, in a tie, came up to him.

"Great job, Mikey. You filled your quota on the first kid of the day," he congratulated.

"Not bad, huh? You know, only somebody with perfect comedic timing could produce this much energy in one shot," Mike said and danced in place.

"Uh-huh, and the fact that laughter is ten times more powerful than scream had nothing to do with it," Sulley smirked.

Mike cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Oh, Googley Bear. Come here, you," Celia called.

"Schmoopsie-poo!" Mike cheered, running to her.

"Googley," she sighed dreamily and dipped him.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed.

They kissed and her tentacles showered him in kisses, making him giggle.

"Girls! Girls, put...Stop, stop, stop!" Celia said.

"Hey, lovebirds! Get a room!" a voice giggled.

They turned to see Y/N, who was three months pregnant.

"Now who gave you the right to say that, Y/N?" Mike asked.

"Uh, you did when you did the same thing to Sulley and I," Y/N answered.

"So, how's our future niece/nephew/godchild?" Celia asked.

"He/She is doing great. Thanks. Well, I better see Sulley," Y/N informed.

"Michael, you're such a charmer," Celia told Mike, continuing their conversation from before.

"Hey, did you bring the magazine?" Mike asked.

"They just delivered a whole box," she answered.

"Let me see it!" he said, laughed, then asked as he opened it, "Sulley, Y/N, and I made the cover, right?"

He saw that his face was covered by the barcode while Sulley's and Y/N's faces were seen perfectly.

"I don't believe it," Mike whispered.

"Googley Bear..." Celia whispered sympathetically.

"I'm on the cover of a magazine! Ow!" Mike cheered.

While everyone was enjoying themselves, Y/N and Sulley walked toward the exit while they both rubbed her belly.

"Have you thought of a name yet?" Sulley asked.

"I have. It can be used for a boy or a girl. But I wanted to know what you thought," Y/N answered.

"What is it?" he wondered.

"Boo," she responded.

Sulley chuckled at that and said, "I love it."

"Thanks," Y/N stated.

He pulled out his clipboard and looked at the picture Boo drew of all three of them with his piece of the door taped to the bottom. Y/N's was around her neck in a necklace.

"I miss her," Sulley told her as he put an arm around his wife.

"I do too, Blue Boy," Y/N said as she hugged his body.

"Hey, Sulley! Y/N!" Mike chimed in, making them jump and Sulley flipped the pages forward on the clipboard.

"Hey, uh, Mike. We were, uh, just..." Sulley stammered.

"Well, listen, if you got a minute there's something I want to show you," Mike told them, escorting them out.

"But-but-but..." Y/N stammered.

"Okay, close your eyes. Follow me. Come on," Mike instructed.

"I-I-I..." Sulley stuttered.

"No peeking," Mike added.

He led them to the testing simulator.

"Keep coming, keep coming, keep coming. Come on, keep coming. Keep coming, keep coming," Mike said.

"Mike..." the couple remarked, holding each other so they didn't fall.

"Follow the sultry sound of my voice. Okay, stop. Open them," Mike told them.

They did and couldn't believe what they saw: Boo's door!

"Ta-da!" Mike exclaimed.

"Mike..." Y/N breathed.

"Is that...?" Sulley asked.

"Sorry it took so long, guys. It was a lot of wood to go through," Mike explained, showing them his blistered hands, then continued, "You know, it only works if you have every piece."

Then they remembered their pieces of the door he gave them. They took them out and placed them where they needed to go. The door lit up and Mike ushered them to go in. They opened the door and looked inside.

"Boo?" they called.

"Birdie! Kitty!" Boo answered, earning smiles on their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You guys are going to have a baby and saw Boo again! Yay! But we're not done yet!

P.S. I am done for today. I wanted to finish it tonight, but I have to get up early in the morning. I will post the last bit tomorrow. Bye you guys.