Chapter 21: That's Not Boo's Door

"This is bad. This is so very bad," Mike panicked a little.

"What were they talking about a machine?" Y/N wondered.

"Who cares? Oh!" Mike exclaimed.

"Look, don't panic-- all we have to do is call her door down and send her home," Sulley assured as Mike finally got the toilet paper off his foot.

"You're right. You're right. We're just three regular joes on our way to work. We will blend right in," Mike whispered.

They entered and over exaggerated their welcome in the Scare Floor.

"Hiya, guys!" Y/N shouted proudly.

"Top of the mornin', fellas!" Sulley greeted.

"Hey, what's shakin', bacon?" Mike asked.

"Did you lose weight? Or a limb?" Sulley asked as all three pointed at one monster.

"You have her card key, right?" Y/N whispered.

"Of course I have her card key. I told you I'd get her card key. I went and got her card key and now I have her card key," Mike answered, grabbed a random card, swiped it, and said as a door came their way, "Okay, here we go."

"Take care of yourself," Y/N told Boo.

"Try not to run through any more closets," Sulley added.

Boo lightly rubbed one hand against Sulley's chin and the other played with Y/N's hair, making the couple laugh. Mike smiled as the door came down, but when Y/N and Sulley saw it, it was greenish-brown and wooden.

"Mike, that's not her door," Sulley told him.

"What are you talking about? Of course it's her door. It's her door," Mike insisted.

"No, her door was white and it had flowers on it," Y/N remarked while Sulley nodded with her.

"No. It must have been dark last night because this is its door," Mike stated.

He opened the door for them to hear polka music playing.

"Hey, you hear that? Sounds like fun in there! Okay, send me a postcard, kid. That's Mike Wazowski, care of 22. Mike Wazoski, you-got-your-life-back Lane!" Mike explained, eager to get rid of the girl.

"Mowki Kowski," Boo said.

"Very good. Now bon voyage!" Mike waved, Boo looked at the couple, not wanting to go, then Mike treated her like a dog as he continued, "Bye-bye! Come on. Look at the stick. See the stick? Go get the stick! Go fetch."

Y/N shut the door and said, "Mike, this isn't Boo's door."

"Boo? What's Boo?" Mike asked.

"That's what I decided to call her," Y/N stated proudly.

"I like it, babe. I was thinking about calling her that," Sulley told her with a smile then asked Mike, "Is there a problem?"

"Sulley, Y/N, you're not supposed to name it. Once you name it, you start getting attached to it! Now put that thing back where it came from, or so help me--" Mike shouted.

That's when they noticed everyone watching them. Sulley hid Boo behind him.

"Oh, hey! We're rehearsing a scene for the upcoming company play called 'Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me,'" Mike replied, laughed, then added, "It's a musical!"

The three of them started singing at that.

[Mike:]
"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me"