Chapter 9: Scare Demo and Lovers Always

Waternoose, Sulley, and Y/N all went in the hallway to talk.

"Oh...what a day," Waternoose remarked, getting a drink.

"We're just going through a rough time, sir," Sulley pointed out.

"Yeah. Everyone knows you're going to get us through it," Y/N assured.

"Tell that to the board of directors," Waternoose said, took a sip his drink then explained, "James, Y/N, this company has been in my family for three generations. I would do anything to keep it from going under."

"Oh, so would we, sir," Y/N replied as Sulley nodded.

"Well...Say, I could use your help with something," Waternoose said.

"Anything, sir," Sulley answered as Y/N smiled.

"You see, we've hired some new scare recruits and frankly, they're...they're, um...uh..." Waternoose started.

"Inexperienced?" the Scarers guessed.

"Oh, they stink!" Waternoose stated.

"Uh-huh," Sulley nodded.

"Yikes," Y/N reacted.

"Yes. And I thought maybe you two might come by tomorrow and give them a demonstration. Show them what it takes to be top Scarers, huh?" Waternoose explained.

"We'll start out with the old Waternoose jump-and-growl," Sulley smirked.

They growled loudly, startling Waternoose and making him drop his drink. But he just laughed.

"Ha! Oh, oh, yes! Now, that's my Scarers!" Waternoose remarked.

All three laughed then Waternoose left. The two lovebirds looked at each other lovingly.

"This is crazy," Y/N said.

"What is?" Sulley asked.

"Everything we've done since we were expelled. Working here, being the top Scarers, you proposing to me," she explained, putting her arms around his neck and smirking at him on the last part.

Sulley smiled as he placed his arms around her waist.

"I've been crazy about you since Day 1. How did you manage to fall in love with a monster like me?" he asked as he placed his forehead against hers.

"You may have been a jerk at the time, but I knew that underneath was a monster I was going to love forever," Y/N answered.

Sulley smiled as he wondered, "Why can't I marry you tomorrow?"

Y/N smiled and kissed him. He gladly returned it until someone interrupted them.

"Lovebirds, save it for the honeymoon," Mike smirked as he went back in the Scare Floor.

They chuckled and went back inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! You two lovebirds!