Chapter 17: Getting Into Monsters Inc. With a Human

The next morning, Sulley went in his room to see Y/N and the little girl still asleep. He approached his fiancé and kissed her awake. She kissed back and when they parted, she smiled as she woke up.

"Hey, Princess," he whispered.

"Hey, Blue Boy. What's up?" she smiled.

"I have a plan to get the kid back home," Sulley told her.

"Really? What is it?" Y/N asked.

He showed her the little costume he made out of the love seat and she nodded in approval.

"This just might work," she said.

They woke the girl up and got her dressed.

As they walked to work, Sulley hid her behind him while Y/N (back in her work clothes) looked to make sure no one saw anything and Mike was freaking out.

"I can't believe we are waltzing right up to the factory," Mike exclaimed, covered the girl's face, yanked his hand around to get the germs off, then explained, "Sulley, Y/N, a mop, a couple of lights and some chair fabric are not going to fool anyone! Just think about a few names, will you? Loch Ness, Bigfoot, the Abominable Snowman--they all got one thing in common, guys: banishment. We could be next!"

"Don't panic--we can do this," Y/N assured.

"Hey, how you doing, Frank?" Sulley said, hiding the girl as Frank walked out.

"Hey, guys," Frank greeted.

"Everything's going to be okay," Sulley whispered as they all went inside.

But they gasped when they saw CDA agents everywhere.

"Number One wants this place dusted for prints," one informed the one at the desk.

"Careful with that," another warned.

"I got a good view from here," a third said from near the top.

"A little lower," one requested from the ceiling.

"This was recovered at the scene," another informed Mr. Waternoose, showing the bag from the night before.

"This is going to be harder than we thought," Y/N commented.

"Don't panic. Don't panic!" Sulley whispered.

"Don't tell me not to panic," Mike argued.

"Just keep it together," Sulley remarked.

"Everything is not okay!" Mike replied.

"Guys!" Y/N signaled.

They both looked to where she was pointing to hear the little girl exclaim, "Boo."

She was heading straight for Mr. Waternoose.

"It could be contaminated," the CDA agent informed.

Sulley checked his hands to see the girl had left them and all three monsters began to panic a little.

"Gentlemen, safety is our number one concern. If there's anything that--" Waternoose explained, felt the girl tug on one of his legs then said until he turned around, "Not now, not now. Oh, hello, little one. Where did you come from?"

"Mr. Waternoose!" Sulley and Y/N greeted.

"Ah, James! Y/N! Is this one yours?" Waternoose asked.

"Actually, that's my, uh, cousin's sister's daughter, sir," Sulley lied.

"Yeah, it's, uh, 'Bring an Obscure Relative to Work Day,'" Mike added without that much enthusiasm.

"Hmm, must have missed the memo," Waternoose said then explained, "Well, listen, you two, why don't you stop by the simulator after lunch today and give us that scare demonstration we talked about, huh?"

"Oh, oh, sir, uh...." Y/N started.

"Excuse me, Mr. Waternoose?" a CDA agent requested.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming," Waternoose groaned then told them, "All right then, I'll see you both this afternoon. That is, if these gentlemen haven't shut us down."

"Oh, boy," Sulley sighed as they left.

"Oh, a scare demo. Well, that is great. Why am I the last to know? We can bring your cousin's sister's daughter along. She'll be a big hit!" Mike remarked sarcastically.

"Mike, calm down. Everything's gonna be fine," Y/N said.

That's when they heard buzzing behind them.

"Halt!" a CDA agent commanded.

Chuck yelled as he tried to run, but the agents tackled him.

"Stop him!" one remarked.

"Hold him down," another said.

The three monsters saw this and quickened their pace toward the Scare Floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So far the plan is working. How will play out throughout the day though?