Chapter One

Chi-Chi held me and stared down at Goku. Tears were running down her face. Goku looked up at us and smiled. He was breathing heavily, his eyes full of pain. 

"Chi-Chi..." Goku said. He looked over at me. "Rosamoona..." 

He coughed. His hand flew up to his chest, right above his heart. He gripped and pulled at his Gi.

"Oh, Goku!" Chi-Chi sobbed now. Her whole body shook, causing me to as well.

I looked from Chi-Chi to Goku. I felt tears well up in my iced blue eyes. Goku was going to die, no matter what he told us.

Where is Gohan? I thought, swishing my tail nervously. Where's Bulma, Trunks, Vegeta, Krillin and everyone else!? They should be here!

I looked over at the door, waiting for it to open. Waiting for my brother and friends to come through. I looked back down at Goku. He had released his grip on his Gi, but his breathing was shallow. The tears spilled over, running down my cheeks.

Suddenly the door burst open. Chi-Chi whipped around with me in her arms. Standing in the door was Bulam with Trunks in her arms. In front of her was Krillin. Tien, Chiaoutzu and Yamacha were behind them. 

I didn't see Vegeta, but I sensed him outside, along with Piccolo. I couldn't sense or see Gohan.

"Chi-Chi, how is he?" Krillin asked.

Chi-Chi shook her head. Krillin nodded and walked over to where Goku lay. Bulma walked up to me and Chi-Chi, hugging us both. When she pulled away, tears were in her eyes.

"It'll be okay," she told us, though I saw in her eyes that she didn't believe it.

Chi-Chi nodded, trying to brave. We turned back to Goku. His eyes were opened a little bit, and he was looked at Krillin.

"Krillin... Take... Take... Care of... Take care of them..." He told him.

Krillin nodded, and said, "Of course pal. But listen, you're not gonna die. You've got a family, and friends, and your gonna live through this, do you hear me?"

Goku laughed slightly, and started to cough again. Yamacha, Tien, and Chiaoutzu all came up and said a few words to Goku. They offered us a smile and left.

Goku looked over at me and Chi-Chi. He gave us one of his famous smiles. 

"Tell... Gohan... Tell Gohan... I'm... Sorry... I'm sorry I missed him..."

Bulma shook her head and said, "You can tell him yourself. He'll be here any minute. Isn't that right, Krillin?"

Krillin nodded. I knew that they were just trying to talk about something else. But Krillin was right. Gohan was on his way. I could finally feel his energy.

Please get here soon, Gohan. I prayed.

"Rosamoona..." Goku said, catching my attention. I looked back down at him.

"Yes, Daddy?" That was probably the first time I referred to him as that.

He smiled. He looked over at Chi-Chi. He smiled at her as well. 

"Chi... I... I love... you... Two... Tell... Gohan... I... I... Love..." He trailed off, seemingly falling asleep.

"Goku?" Chi-Chi asked. He didn't answer. His chest wasn't rising and falling any more. 

"Goku! Goku, please wake up! Please!" Chi-Chi yelled, shaking him with her free hand.

Krillin took me from her, and she went on to shaking Goku with both hands. Finally she gave up and placed her head on his chest and sobbed. I was also sobbing.

"I'm going to tell the others," Bulma said softly and walked out. Grandpa came up and placed a hand on Chi-Chi, who kept crying.

After a while, Gohan was outside. He said something to Bulma, then came sprinting inside. When he got over to us, I could see disbelief in his eyes. He took one look at my face and my reddened eyes, and tears came out of his.

"No... No... Dad..." He said. His fists clenched and he started to shake his head. 

"Gohan," Krillin started. "Gohan, your dad, he... he... He wanted us to tell you that he's sorry he missed you and that he loved you," he finished, but just barely. He was choked up. I wrapped my arms around him. 

We all stayed like that for a long time. Eventually, Krillin handed me over to Gohan and he left, saying that he had to go tell Master Roshi.

As he left, Bulma walked back in. She came over to us and sat down, offering Trunks to Gohan. He took him and said, "Come on you two. Let's go get some fresh air."

I started to struggle. I didn't want to leave Goku's side. But it decided to leave me, for right before my eyes, his body vanished. I stared wide-eyed, and Chi-Chi started to cry again. I felt fresh tears in my eyes as well.

Gohan got us outside, and I could see all the saddened faces. Even Piccolo looked down. They all looked up and gave us sad smiles when they saw us. Vegeta though, looked as cold as ever. I hope he didn't act this way towards Trunks.

After we got away from everyone, Gohan flew us up to a small clearing on a hill. It was a peaceful place.

He sat down, placing me and Trunks in front of him. Only then did he truly let himself cry. And seeing that made me cry even harder as well. Though Trunks didn't know what was going on, he started to cry to. Soon all of us were sobbing.

After a few minutes, Gohan had stopped crying enough to get us calmed down. When Trunks stopped crying, he turned towards me. He smiled to try and reassure me, but it didn't work. He looked a lot like Goku when he smiled. He looked a lot like Goku period.

"Don't cry, Moona. He's in a better place," he told me.

I sniffled. "I know, but I'm still gonna miss him."

Gohan wrapped his arms around me. "Me too, sis. Me too."

After a few hours in the clearing, Gohan flew us back to the house. Everyone was gone, except for Bulma, who was still comforting Chi-Chi.

When we walked in, Gohan handed Trunks off to Bulma. He was asleep. 

"Thank you," she whispered. "I'm going to step outside. I think you two need to spend sometime with your mother." She gave us a look then walked out the door.

Gohan walked us up to Chi-Chi. He placed a hand on her shoulder so she knew that we were there. Looking over, she gave us a weak smile. She opened her arms, and Gohan gave me to her. She gave me a hug, and Gohan joined in. Grandpa came over and hugged us all. It wasn't till then that I realized how tired I was. The crying really took it out of me.

I yawned. Everyone pulled out of the embrace. 

"You tired, Moona?" Chi-Chi asked me. She got up and carried me to my room.

When we got there, Chi-Chi flipped on the light. My crib sat in the corner of the room. On the wall were animals that Goku had helped Chi-Chi and Gohan paint for me. Thinking of him made me sad again, but I was all dried up. 

Chi-Chi took a shaky breath and walked over to the crib, laying me down in it. As soon as my head hit the pillow, my eyelids drooped. Before I passed out, I told Chi-Chi, "I love you, Mommy."

That night, I dreamed of Goku. I remembered all the good times that we had shared in the short year that I knew him. It made me smile in the dreams to see him. And not once did I dream of him being sick, or remember him dying. It was all happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who are probably wondering, Moona is only one. She was born with the power to remember everything in her life. From the day she was born she was able to. She also learns fast, as you can tell with her being so attentive and with her talking. I hope you understand it a little more now.