Chapter Two

The next six months went by pretty fast. We all grieved over Goku. Chi-Chi wore black for the longest of times. Everytime I saw a picture of Goku, I got all sad again. But still, no tears came. Just a hollow feeling.

I learned to walk, and Trunks began to talk a little bit. Gohan continued to train, though there was really no reason. Or so we thought.

"Gohan!" Chi-Chi called. She was holding me, and she had car keys in her hand. We were all going over to the Breifs for dinner.

"Gohan!" She called again. Then she sighed and looked at me.

"He's certainly Half Sayian." She told me, laughing. I giggled.

Then Gohan came running in through the door. 

"Sorry, Mom." He said. 

"It's ok." Chi-Chi told him. "But we need to hurry up, or we're gonna be late!"

Gohan nodded and we all started out towards the car. When we got there though, both me and Gohan's heads' snapped in the direction of Capsule Corp.

"Do you feel that, Moona?"

I nodded. "Yea."

Chi-Chi looked at both of us. "What's wrong? What's going on?"

"A lot of people in West City just got killed." Gohan replied.

"W-What?" Chi-Chi asked in shock. "Is Bulma ok? Trunks and Vegeta?"

"Yes, they're all ok, but I need to get over there now!" Gohan said, right before he took off.

"Gohan!" Me and Chi-Chi yelled at the same time.

Chi-Chi got me into the car as fast as she could, and took off. We tore down the road as quickly as the little car could carry us. By the time we got to West City, all Hell had broken loose.

Buildings where piles of rubble, the road was torn up, and bodies littered the ground. It made me mad to see that, and even madder knowing that a 18 month old child couldn't do anything about it.

We finally made it to Capsule Corp. Chi-Chi honked the horn and put the car in park. She got me out of my seat as Bulma came running out.

"What's going on?!" Chi-Chi screamed over the noise. Bulma looked panic-stricken.

"I don't know! We were sitting here, waiting for you guys, and suddenly Vegeta just stood up! I asked what was wrong and he said that a lot of people just died! Then we heard screaming, and he ran out here! A couple minutes later, Krillin and them started to show up. And before Krillin could say hi he... he..." Bulma broke down. 

Chi-Chit rubbed Bulma's back. "What happened?" She asked.

Bulma looked back up at Chi-Chi and me and said, "Krillin's dead."

Shock passed over me and Chi-Chi. After a couple minuted, she asked, "Are you sure?"

Bulma nodded and I reached out with my Ki. I couldn't find Krillin.

"She's right, Chi-Chi. He's gone." Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Oh God..." Chi-Chi breathed.

Suddenly, there was an explosion to our left. Chi-Chi and Bulma screamed. I closed my eyes, waiting to be crushed, but we weren't. Instead, I felt an energy shield around us. When I opened my eyes, Piccolo was standing in front of us, his arms spread.

"You three need to get out of here! It isn't safe!" He yelled at us.

"Piccolo!" I exclaimed. "What's going on? Who's attacking?"

Piccolo turned around and faced us. Then he spoke.

"They're Androids."

I heard Bulma gasp. "Red Ribbon Androids?"

 Piccolo nodded. "They were created by Dr. Gero to destroy Goku. We told them that he was already dead, but they don't seem to care. They're strong, and I can't sense their energy, so that makes it even harder to fight them."

I looked at Piccolo and said, "Who's all dead?"

He looked back and shook his head. "Krillin, Choutzu, Tein, and Yamamcha."

I gasped. "How many civilians are dead?"

He shook his head again. "Too many to tell."

Bulma opened her mouth to say something, but it was cut short by Chi-Chi's scream. Piccolo had just been gored.

My eyes widened. He looked down at the lamp post currently sticking out of his torso. He opened his mouth to say something else, but blood rushed out instead of words. He stumbled back a few paces then fell over. He was dead before he hit the ground.

"Piccolo!" I heard Gohan call. I looked up and saw him coming towards us. But then my eye caught something else. I looked over, and there were two figure's flying. One had blond hair, the other had black. I didn't recognize them, but from where they were floating, I knew that they were the one's who killed Piccolo. They must be the Androids.

"Gohan!" I called. He looked over at me. I pointed to the Androids. When he saw them, his whole body started to shake with rage.

Chi-Chi also saw them, and she heard me yell to Gohan. 

"No! Don't!" She yelled, but it was to late.

The Androids saw Gohan coming and fired multiple blasts at once. He tried to dodge them, but couldn't dodge all of them. One hit him square in the chest, and he went soaring backwards, falling in the process.

"No!" Me, Bulma, and Chi-Chi cried at the same time. Just as I thought it was too late, Vegeta came out of no where and caught him. He brought him over to us.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you so much Vegeta!" Chi-Chi exclaimed. 

"Whatever." Vegeta said. Chi-Chi handed me to Bulma so she could take Gohan. 

After he had handed him off, Vegeta turned back around. Before he took off, he said, "You need to get inside. Hide, do whatever, I don't care. I'll hold them off as long as I can."

"Right." Chi-Chi said, running towards the house with Gohan in his arms.

Bulma stayed behind. "But Vegeta, you'll... you'll die!"

Vegeta turned his head slightly, so we could barley see the side of his face. 

"I know." He said. Then he turned around and walked up to Bulma. He paused then kissed her.

"I love you." He said. Then he took off to fight the Androids.

Bulma stood there, wide-eyed for a few seconds. Then I tapped her arm. 

"We have to go." I told her. 

She nodded, and there were tears in her eyes.

I tugged at her shirt, and she turned around, racing back towards the house. 

As we ran back, I looked over her shoulder. I watched as Vegeta fought the Androids. But it wasn't enough. The black haired one came up from behind and shot Vegeta right in the head. He fell to the ground, lifeless. The last of our defence had just been killed. The Androids had taken over.