Chapter Twenty-Four

RRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!! RRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!! RRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!! 

I stopped flying, reaching my hand into my pocket. Fishing my phone out, I pressed 'talk', putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Moona!" Bulma cried.

"What's wrong?" I ask, tensing up. "What's going on?"

"You need to get back here! Now! 18 was just spotted!"

"In West City?" I ask, shocked.

"Yes! No one saw 17 with her, but who knows what she can do by herself!"

"I'll be there in ten seconds," I say, hanging up. Just as I was about to transport home, I feel very nauseous. What the hell?

Shaking my head, I transport back to Capsule Corp. I'm not there all of two seconds before I was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"I... Can't... Breath!" I exclaim. Bulma releases me, blushing slightly.

"Sorry," she said. 

"It's alright. Has she attacked anyone yet?"

Bulma shakes her head. "No, not yet, but now they're saying that 17 has been spotted with her."

"Damn," I say. Then I sigh. "Alright, just stay in here and get down to the basement."

"Will that be enough?"

"It better be," I say before going outside. 

Though West City hasn't been near as busy as it once was, it still had the noises a normal city would. But that's not the case right now. The entire city is dead quiet, holding it's breath. Waiting to see what happens.

"Well, it's good to see you, Ginger," 18 said, landing behind me. I head another set of feet hit the asphalt. 17.

Turning around, I say, "Too bad the feeling's not mutual."

17 smirked. "Likewise." His smirk changed into a scowl. "I have a bone to pick with you."

"Oh?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"You left me broken. I don't like that."

"Well I don't like how you're always killing innocent people."

"What, like this?" Lifting a arm lazily, he pointed a finger at Capsule Corp, firing a yellow energy blast.

Anger shot through me as I jumped in front of the blast, deflecting it. 17 smiled, amused.

"What's so funny?" I growl.

"Your anger. I think it's funny that you get so bent out of shape about a human."

"One and a half humans," 18 corrects. 17 looks at her, confused. "Ginger here is only half human, along with her friend who we killed. They bred. There's one and a half humans inside that building."

I stare at her, shock clearly written on my face. I didn't know that she could sense energies!

17 laughs. "Well, it's too bad we didn't come here to kill any one."

Confusion now mixes with the shock. "What are you doing here then?"

17 and 18 exchange a side glance, floating a few feet off the ground. 

"We just stopped by to hello," 18 says. They grinned from ear to ear and took off, leaving me standing there.

"What the hell?" I ask. I watched as they flew northeast. There was nothing that way until they eventually hit the farthest east corner of North City, which they already destroyed. So why were they heading that way?