Chapter Fifteen

I stared in shock at the place where the Time Machine and Trunks had been moments ago. How could he do this? I though. He told me that he would let me come back with him!

I landed angrily next to Bulma. "Why did you let him go?!" I asked.

She sighed. "I tried to make him wait for you. Honest to God I did. But he wouldn't listen."

"So he doesn't want me with him?" I asked, angry and hurt.

Bulma's eyes widened. "No! That's not it at all!" She exclaimed. 

"Then what is it then?!"

She sighed again. "He didn't want you to get hurt again."

I didn't reply. Instead, I sighed and walked back into the house. Glancing at the clock, I saw that it was six A.M.

Glaring at the clock, I went back upstairs and showered. I couldn't blame Trunks for not wanting me to get hurt. He was just looking out for me. I did the same thing when I went to fight the Androids alone.

I winced as I bent over to retrieve the brush that had fallen. Though I was able to walk now, my back still hurt. If I moved the wrong way, or if I moved to fast it hurt. And unfortunately, the running hadn't helped any.

After I was done dressing again, I walked back downstairs, starting on my daily routine. As I was getting the cereal out of the cabinet, I noticed the date. It was August 14th. Trunks and mine birthday. I sighed.

"Happy Birthday Trunks." I said, thinking of my lavender-haired friend.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I waited for Frieza and King Cold to show up, I listened to the radio Moon had insisted was installed in the Time Machine. Thinking of her made me smile. Then I sighed. She was going to be livid when I got home later. I had promised her that she could come back with me. But I saw what she tried to hide. The pain that her injury still caused her. So, not wanting her to get hurt again, I left.

Sighing again, I stood up, glancing at my watch. Frieza's ship would be arriving in five minutes, and Goku still wasn't here. I started pacing. What should I do?

After a couple minutes, I glanced at my watch again. One minute. I felt for Goku's Ki. I found him. He was three hours away in space. I sighed once more, then frowned. Looking back at the watch, I had to laugh. Today was mine and Moon's birthday. I only wish we could be spending it together.

Capsuling the Time Machine, I flew over to where Frieza was in the process of landing. I could see the Z-Fighters beyond the ship. Mom was easy to stop with her blue hair. I smiled. She looked so happy. So care free. And I intend on keeping it that way.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 As the day wore on, I was getting anxious. It had been twelve hours, and Trunks still hadn't returned. I was in the living room pacing while Chi-Chi and Bulma were in the kitchen.

"What's wrong honey?" Chi-Chi asked, seeing my discomfort.

"Shouldn't Trunks have been back by now?" I asked.

Bulma laughed. "Moona, I told you that it would be a twenty-four hour trip. You still have twelve more hours to wait."

I sighed. Chi-Chi came over and gave me a hug. "It's okay sweet heart. He'll be back soon." 

Sighing again, I hugged her back. "I know. I'm just worried. What if something happened to the Time Machine and he can't get back?"

"Then we'll build another and rescue him." Bulma said. She put down the spoon she had and walked over to me. "I know your worried, and I am too, but just calm down. He'll come back, safe and sound. Trust me."