Chapter Twenty-Two

As the next two months go by, things are blissfully quiet. Neither Androids decide to attack. Thank God. 

Bulma and Chi-Chi ready for the baby's arrival while I lay awake at nights, silently crying. I missed Trunks so badly, I can't even began to explain how it feels. I didn't know how to feel. In August, he would be gone a whole year. Would he ever come back?

"Moona, honey, what are you doing up?" Chi-Chi asked me, coming into the living room where I was sitting. I was nine months pregnant. Vegeta was due any day now.

"I couldn't sleep," I tell her, tyring to hide the tears in my voice. I can tell I'm unsuccessful.

"Oh, honey, what's wrong?" She asks me softly, sitting down. 

"I'm just scared," I explain, wiping my tears and taking a shaky breath.

"About what?"

I laugh unhumoressly. "Everything. The Androids killing you and Bulma, whether or not Trunks is safe, and how I'm going to be able to keep Vegeta safe."

Chi-Chi sighs. "I worry about the same things everyday. It's natural."

I burst out in fresh tears, resting my head on Chi-Chi's shoulder. She wraps her arms around me, gently rocking me back and forth.

"I miss him so much," I cry.

"I know you do. Don't worry. He'll come back to us. I promise you."

I pull back and look at her. "When? You two keep telling me this, but when will he come back? In three months it'll be a year for crying out loud!" I yell at her.

"Calm down, Moona. It'll be-"

"No! That's all I seem to be able to do, and I'm tired of it! I will not calm down!" I scream, jumping up. All of the sadness that I've felt over the past nine months has now turned to anger. 

"Moona," Chi-Chi started, standing up, placing her hands on my shoulders. "You need to calm down. It's not good for Vegeta if you don't."

When she said this, all the anger drained from my body, leaving me feel exhausted and hollow. Seeing the change, Chi-Chi quickly pulled me into a hug.

"It'll be alright. I swear to you it'll be alright. He will come back."

I nodded, allowing her to pull me into the kitchen. After making me sit down, Chi-Chi handed me a cup. Taking a sip of it, I found it was grape juice. I smiled slightly, drinking the rest of it. Sighing, I brought the cup up to my forehead, allowing the sweat from the glass to cool me down. I felt a warm liquid run down my legs. It dripped onto the floor.

"What the hell?" I asked, standing up. Suddenly, I was hit with immense pain. I grabbed my stomach, doubling over. 

"Shit! Chi-Chi!" I call. She nods and runs upstairs to wake Bulma. I make my way to the car, climbing in. Chi-Chi and Bulma quickly join me.

"Do we have everything?" Bulma asks, as we pull out.

"Who gives a shit?! We're close enough to the hospital anyways!" I yell as another wave of pain hit me. "Hurry!"

When we arrive at the hospital, the doctors rush me to a room with Bulma and Chi-Chi squealing the entire way. 

Two hours later, at five a.m. on May twenty-first, Vegeta Kakarrot Briefs entered the world. He was seven pounds, four ounces and perfectly healthy. After they clean him and me up, they finally allow me to hold him.

"He's so pretty..." Bulma croons.

"Thank you," I say.

"He looks like you," Chi-Chi tells me.

"Well I should hope so," I laugh.

Bulma and Chi-Chi laugh as well. Vegeta looks at each one of us in turn, as if memorizing our faces.

"You did the same thing, Honey," Chi-Chi informs me.

"Well, I guess it's hereditary..." I say, confused. But, I shrug it off. 

"He has your eyes, Chi-Chi," Bulma gushes.

I roll my eyes, but, in truth, he does. Vegeta's eyes are emerald green, just like Chi-Chi. His hair was midnight black, just like Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta did. His tail was chocolate brown, like mine, and it was wrapped perfectly around his waist. The doctors freaked out when they saw it, but I told them I wanted him to keep it and for them never to mention it.

Bulma and Chi-Chi left to get food, leaving me alone with my son. I liked the sound of that. My son.

"You look like your father," I told him. Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes, and I blinked them away. Where are you Trunks?

What's keeping you from me and our son?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is dedicated to ponypop cause Vegeta and her now share a birthday!!

Also, Vegeta looks like Gotenks, except he don't have the purple streaks in his hair. Just thought I'd mention that.