Chapter Twenty-Six

I paced the room, trying to stay calm. Today was the day of the Cell Games, and I had a knot in my stomach the size of a basketball.

"Trunks, honey, calm down. Everything's going to be okay," Mom told me.

I sighed, but continued pacing, a habbit I picked up from Moon. I had a bad feeling that I couldn't shake. Is this how she felt before I left?

Thinking of her causes me to sigh yet again. I missed her so much. And I couldn't wait to get back to her.

"Trunks," Mom said again, placing a hand on arm. I stopped pacing and looked up at her. I could see the worry in her eyes, but she was doing her damned near hardest to get rid of it. She was trying to stay  strong.

"I'm sorry," I tell her.

"It's alright. I know you're nervous, but please stop pacing. You're making me nervous too. Well, more so then I already am."

I laugh slightly. "You're always telling that to Moon. She never listens though."

She laughs with me. "No, I wouldn't expect her to."

We stand in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. When I glance at the clock, I sigh for what seems like the millionth time.

"Come on," I say to Mom, taking her hand.

"Wait..." she replied, quickly leaving the room. She came back with Baby Me in her arms. "Okay, now lets go."

I nod, transporting us to Moon's house. Mom and was staying there with Chi-Chi during the games. Chi-Chi jumped a little when we got there.

"Oh, it's you," she said.

I shrugged. "Who did you expect?"

"Honestly, I don't know."

"Hey, Trunks! Bulma!" Goku calls. Looking over at him, I see Gohan behind him. Moon was awake in his arms. She looked scared.

"Hey you guys," I reply.

"Are you ready for today?"

"Goku, I'm nervous as hell," I tell him honestly.

"Yea dad, I don't see how you're so calm," Gohan agrees. Moon silently nods.

Goku just smiles at us. "Don't worry. Everything is gonna be fine."

"You better be right," Chi-Chi warns, shaking a wooden spoon at him. "I want both of you back to me after this is all over."

Raising his free hand, Goku flashed us the smile Mom always told us about. "We will Chi-Chi. I promise."

Chi-Chi seemed satisfied with that answer. "Good. Now, promise me that Gohan won't be fighting." Oh shit.

"Yea, um, about that..."

"He won't be fighting, will he?" She asked, getting mad. Shit.

Goku laughed nervously and handed Moon to Mom.

"Well, would you look at that! Time to go! Bye Chi-Chi! Bye Bulma! Bye Mooney!" He said, placing a hand on Gohan's shoulder. They both vanished. 

"Goku!" Chi-Chi yelled, thought she knew he was long gone. "I don't want our son fighting in this! Do you hear me!?" She turned around to face me. "You better pass that on to him!"

I raised my hands. "I will," I said before transporting to the Lookout where the other were waiting.

"Chi-Chi didn't give you a hard time, did she?" Goku asked. I shook my head.

"Nah. I'm used to it by now."

"Trunks, what is my mom like in your time?" Gohan asked.