Chapter Thirteen

"This is... Impossible!" Trunks told me. From the corner of my eye, I could see that his face was twisted into pure rage and hatred towards the Androids.

"What did they do 18?" 17 asked, mocking us. 

18 shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe they thought they actually killed us."

17 laughed. "Yea, cause that'll happen." He crossed his arms, looking up at us.

Suddenly, Trunks screamed and started firing a bunch of Ki blasts at them. Smoke rose and buildings blew up.

No! Stop! You'll burn yourself up! I thought. But I couldn't make my lips move to form the words. I was still frozen in place.

When the smoke cleared, 17 and 18 where still standing with their arms crossed, and still looking amused. 17 looked directly at me, smiling.

"What happened to that spark you had a few minutes ago? Don't tell me it's all gone." He said, moving his hands to his hips. "Come play with us."

"NO! LEAVE HER ALONE!" Trunks yelled, once again firing an onslaught on Ki blasts. This time though, I unfroze.

"No! Trunks, please stop! Your gonna burn your energy up!" I cried, grabbing his arm. 

He looked over at me. Hatred and fear filled his eyes. He stopped firing, breathing heavily. I helped him to land away from where the Androids were at.

"I shouldn't have done that." He panted, leaning on me. 

"It's okay." I told him. "But we have to-" I was cut off by 18 punching me in the gut.

"Moon!" Trunks exclaimed, swinging at 18. But, just as I feared, he was spent. He could barley fight hand-to-hand. Something him and I were experts at.

Standing up, I ran up and grabbed Trunks' hand. Turning around, we ran into one of the buildings left standing. We were both back to normal now, no longer able to maintain the energy needed to stay Super. I hadn't realized how much energy I had used in my Kamehameha Wave until now.

Pressing ourselves up against the concrete, we stayed as quiet as we could. But it didn't work, for 17 and 18 appeared in front of us.

"Well, you two aren't very good at hiding, now are you?" 18 asked, crossing her arms.

"Let's kill 'em." 17 suggested. Trunks' eyes widened, and he stepped in front of me.

"No! Let her go!"

"Trunks!" I urgently whispered. What was he doing?

17 smirked. "Someone's playing hero."

Trunks growled at him, swinging his leg. It would have connected perfectly with 17's chest if he wouldn't have caught it.

"NO!" I yelled as 17 flung Trunks through the celling. As I moved to go help Trunks, 18 stopped me.

"Let the boys have their fun. You know how they love to play." She said. 

"Baka!" I screamed at her. I punched her in the face, but it barely had any effect this time.

18 sneered an grabbed my arm, twisting and breaking it. I screamed in pain.

"That'll teach you some manners. Arrogant brat!" She spat. With her free hand, she formed a yellow disk in her hand. My eyes widened. I knew what that was.

18 smiled at my fear. Turning me around, she brought the disk down on my tail, cutting it off. I let out a blood curdling screech. Tears rolled out of my eyes. I heard Trunks yell my name some where above us, but it was soon cut off.

"Trunks!" I screamed in pain. 18 threw me out the window, shattering glass. 

I landed on my stomach in a field of flowers. As I tried to get up, 18 stepped on my good arm, breaking that one as well. Once again, I yelled in pain. 

"Moon!" I head Trunks yell. He was close, and also in pain. Suddenly, he was thrown down beside me.

Turning my head, I gasped. He had a very nasty gash on his head. It was bleeding severely. His breathing was also labored, telling me that he was broken ribs. 

"Trunks." I said, trying to move my broken arm to heal him. Searing pain shot through me, causing me to gasp again, followed my wincing.

"And you two claimed to be the strongest." 18 said, disappointed.

"Pathetic." 17 agreed. He walked from Trunks' side to mine. I could see Trunks tense up.

"Leave her alone." Trunks growled, slowly getting up. I could practicly hear 17 smirk.

"Really? And what are you gonna do about it?" He asked, placing a foot on my back.

"Get off!" Trunks yelled, standing up. He was shaking all over.

"Trunks. Don't." I replied weakly. The pain was leaving my body numb. My breathing was shallow and it hurt every time I took a breath.

"You heard her." 17 said. "Don't."

Suddenly, the weight on my back increased. I screamed in pain. There was a snap as everything went black.

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched in horror as Moon became motionless. 17 took his foot off her back and a big grin spread across his face. He had just broken her spine.

"Oops." He said, hands on his hips.

"Well she's dead." 18 said.

Anger coursed through me. I went Super and charged at the Androids. Caught off guard, I was able to land a good punch on each them. I jumped back, landing in front of Moon's limp body.

"Don't worry Pigeon. I'll get us out of this." I said, turning around and leaning over to pick her up.

Just as I got her in my arms, some one kicked my back. I dropped Moon, landing on her. Before I could get off, one of the Androids picked me up. When I was turned my head, I saw it was 18 who had me. I spat in her face.

She glared at me and threw me into a pond. Resurfacing, I swam to the edge. Just as I got out, 17 shot me with a Ki blast. 

Flying backwards, I hit the side building hard. My chest was burning from broken ribs and the blast I was just hit with. My vision swam even more, due to the new head injury mixing with the old one. I turned back to normal, my energy fading fast. 17 and 18 both came over and stood in front of me.

"Allow me." 18 said, forming a Ki blast. As she threw it at me, I closed my eyes. The last thing I remember thinking was, I'm sorry Moon. I love you.