Chapter Twelve

Three years past without a single word from the Androids. It was as if they had dropped off the face of the Earth. Unfortunately, Trunks and I knew that they were still out there. So we kept training, becoming even stronger. Trunks and I eventually mastered the Kamehameha Wave. Trunks also finally was able to enter the energy world like I can.

For about two years, I completely separated myself from others. I trained by myself and I didn't talk to anyone. I even lived by myself for a while. Over the course of the past year, though, I've "come back", though I don't live with Chi-Chi anymore. To many painful memories in that house.

We also found out what Bulma has been working on. A Time Machine. Trunks and I are skeptical, but both Chi-Chi and Bulma swear that it's gonna work. I go along with them though. Who am I to ruin someone else's dream?

"Hello, anybody home?" Trunks called as he walked into the garage where Bulma and I were sitting. He had the box that we had sent him out to get. It carried very important materials. Our lunch.

"Of course we're home. Where would we have gone?" Bulma asked, reaching in for her sub as Trunks placed the box down on the table next to where I was sitting.

Trunks shrugged. "I don't know. I just felt like yelling something."

Rolling my eyes, I asked, "You made sure I didn't get any veggies on mine, right?"

"Of course. You'd kill me even if there was the slightest hint of lettuce on it."

"Dern right I would, Monkey Boy."

Trunks laughed as I fished my sub out of the box. Unwrapping it, I took a huge bite. Some chicken fell out the end, but I picked it up and stuffed it into my mouth. After a couple of minutes of silence, Trunks asked, "So, do you really think this will work Mom? I mean come on. Time travel?"

Bulma sighed. "Yes, Trunks. I do think this will work. Trust me. Moona does, don't you?"

Trunks and Bulma looked at me. I shook my head. "I don't really know. Time travel does seem a little far-fetched, but at the same time, Androids sounded far-fetched. Robotic humans with incredible powers and abilities?" I shook my head again. "Impossible. But here we are, living a world where they rule." 

Bulma grinned. "So you do agree with me!"

Shrugging, I said, "Like I said, I don't know." I took another huge bite of sandwich.

Trunks rolled his eyes and started eating his as well. Suddenly, the radio, which had been playing Never Surrender by Skillet, changed to a reporter.

"Attention! We interrupt this program to bring you the latest news about the Androids!"

I froze mid chew. Trunks walked up to the radio and turned it up.

"Bridge Town is currently under attack! The south-bound interstate is the only way out! I repeat, Bridge Town is under attack!"

"That's not far..." Trunks said.

"I know, but you two aren't thinking about going, are you?" Bulma asked, worried.

Jumping off the table, I said, "I'm going."

"Not by yourself your not." Trunks said, grabbing his sword.

"It's too dangerous!" Bulma cried. "Please, don't go! Either of you!"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Bulma. But now's my chance to get revenge."

"Our chance." Trunks corrected.

I smiled at him, right before I transported to Bridge Town. It would be better this way. This way, he wouldn't get hurt.

"Well, if it isn't Ginger." 17 said, yanking me out of my thoughts. I quickly went Super.

"Thanks a lot 17." 18 Complained. "Now she's copying me. You just had to say something."

"You two won't be saying much for long." I told them, clenching my fists.

"Oh, is that so?" 17 asked, amused. "Well, then, by all means, lets get started."

Without hesitation, I launched myself at 17, catching him off guard. My punch connected perfectly with his chest, sending him flying backwards. He crashed into a building that had yet to fall. 

When he climbed out of the rubble, I could tell that 17 was pissed. Brushing himself off, he said, "Well now. It seems as though someone's gotten stronger." Then he smirked. "Too bad it won't help."

 As I opened my mouth to reply, 18 kicked me in the chest. I felt some ribs snap as her foot made contact. Just like 17, I went flyiing into a building. Metal and cement pierced my skin, causing me to bleed.

I pulled myself out of the building. Looking around, I couldn't see the Androids.

"Peek-a-boo," 17 said, appearing above me. He formed a Ki blast, but, before he could throw it, I punched him in the gut, ignoring the pain from my ribs.

He doubled over, winded. I smirked and punched him in the face. As he fell, he caught himself. Climbing out of the debris, I stood in front on 17. I could sense 18 coming up behind me and smirked. I round-house kicked, catching her shoulder. Suddenly, 17 was in front of me, punching the crap out of me.

He drove me backwards hitting me in the chest, breaking more ribs. When he finally stopped, I coughed up blood. Scowling, I quickly healed myself. I stood up, spitting out the last of the blood in my mouth. 17 was shocked to see that I was able to move.

18 appeared next to her brother. "Your starting to become a real pain kid." She said, her arms crossed.

I smirked. "Why thank you. I appreciate that." 

"That wasn't a compliment!" She yelled, coming at me. 

I blocked her as she threw punches at me. 17 came over and joined her. That's when I felt Trunks. He was close. About three minutes away.

Oh shoot! I thought, wincing as 17 caught me in the jaw. My head snapped back, hitting a building that they had me backed up against. My vision swam. They both smirked.

"Well, it was nice playing with you. Tell Blondie we said hi." 18 said, punching me hard in the gut. 

As I lay winded, the Androids flew above me, forming Ki blasts. Quickly healing myself again, I got out of the way in time. I hid behind a bus that was turned on it's side as they fired an onslaught of yellow energy balls where I had been standing moments ago.

"Ka-Me." I started, drawing my hands back to my side.

"Ha-Me." And orange ball of light appeared in my hands. I transported to behind the Androids.

"HA!" I yelled, thrusting my hands forward. The ball of orange light left my hands, heading for the Androids. By the time they turned around, it was too late.

My Kamehameha Wave hit both of them dead on. There was a flash of bright light followed by an explosion. When the smoke cleared, I couldn't see the Androids. I floated there for a moment, in complete shock.

"You did it Moon!" Trunks yelled, flying over to me. "You killed the Androids!"

He embraced me, still cheering. I hugged him back, a smile creeping onto my face. The Androids were dead!

Suddenly, there was a loud BANG below us. We both looked down at the same time.

"No! You've... You've got to be kidding me!" Trunks yelled.

I was frozen in place. Rage, shock, and disbelief coursed through me.

The Androids were still alive.