Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Mommy, look!" Vegeta called. I paused, mid-punch and looked over at my fifteen-month-old son. He was floating about three feet off the ground and rising slightly.

"Good job," I said, wiping the sweat off my brow and walking over to him. I passed Mr. Popo on the way. He smiled and waved and I returned the gesture.

When Bulma and I discovered the Lookout, we weren't expecting to find anyone still living on it, but, low and behold, Mr. Popo and Korin were there to greet us. Honestly, I think they were just as shocked to see us as we were to see them. We've been living up here ever since.

"Can you go any higher?" I asked. Vegeta wrinkled his nose and concrentraited, shooting another four feet into the air.

I could tell he was tired, so I floated up the seven feet and grabbed him, bringing him into me.

"Did I do good?" He asked.

"Yes. You did wonderful," I told him.

Smiling, he yawned and rubbed his eyes. I lowered us back down to the ground and walked up to Mr. Popo.

"Does Korin have the Senzu beans picked yet?" I asked.

"Funny you should mention that," Korin said from behind me. I turned around to see him holding a brown bag, not unlike the one that Gohan had carried with him. He tossed it to me. "Use them wisely. They're the last ones I think I can grow."

"Thank you. And I will," I said, taking a small green bean out of the bag. I slipped the bag into the pocket of my Gi and gave the lone bean to Vegeta. He ate it and immediately his energy rose again.

"Thanks mommy! Now I can train some more!" He said, jumping out of my arms. He ran a few feet and starting punching and kicking like crazy. I sighed. Sometimes he was so much like Vegeta, it wasn't even funny.

Sighing again, I walked over to where Bulma sat, pulling weeds.

"Bulma, I think I'm going to go looking for the Androids," I told her.

"What!? Why on Earth would you do that!?" She exclaimed, jumping up.

"Because I'm tired of sitting here, waiting for them to strike. They need to be found and killed. To many innocent people have lost their lives because I wasn't strong enough. Well, I know I'm strong enough now, yet I sit here and do nothing. I'm sick of it."

Bulma sighed and wiped her hands on her pants. "I was afraid you were going to say something like that. I'm just surprised you haven't asked earlier."

I shrugged. As I opened my mouth to reply, I suddenly felt a bunch of energies drop. Explosions could be heard in the distance. Looks like I didn't have to go searching.

"Vegeta, get over here with Bubba now," I order. He listens and runs into Bulma's arms. "Both of you, go inside. When it's safe, I'll come get you."

"Moona, be careful," Bulma says. 

"Yeah mommy, be careful," Vegeta says. I walk up and kiss him on the forehead.

"Always, Veggie. Always." 

Giving them each one last look, I go Super, using the new strength I had recently acquired, and transport to where the Androids where blowing up buildings. 17 had his gun to an old man's head, and he was about to shoot. I quickly shot a blast at him, and, just as planned, he jumped out of the way.

I landed in front of them, arms crossed.

"Hey, it's Ginger," 17 said, smirking. "How did you like our little present?"

I glared at him and growled. "It's over. Your reign of terror ends now."

"Oh really? Well, humor me then."

"Gladly, you son of a bitch."

"God, how rude!" 18 exclaimed. "That's it, you're dead!" 

She launched at me, her arm drew back, ready to punch me. I easily side-stepped, dodging the attack. She slid to a stop and I charged her turned back. 

As she turned around, I punched her in the face, sending her into the rubble of a building. When she got up, her clothes were torn in places and her hair was messed up.

"You're DEAD!" 18 yelled at me. I stood there, daring her to attack. She growled and launched again. I jumped up and over her. As I came down, I kicked her in the back of the head, causing her to be thrown at 17.

"How is this possible?" 17 asked.

"I don't know, you tell me!" 18 screamed at him. She turned back towards me.

"Are you done yet?" I asked. Her eyes widened and then narrowed. 

"She can't take the two of us," 17 said. 18 smirked, nodding. Together they ran at me. I phased out and reappeared behind 18. She turned around in time to meet my foot. 

It hit her square in the chest and she flew. As she did, 18 fired a red Ki blast at me. I caught it, destroying it. 18 pulled herself out of the side of a building.

"This is the end of you two," I stated. 17 seemed to find this rather funny, so I decided to show him. Charging 18, I extended my hand, powering up a Ki blast.

"This is for Gohan and the others," I told her before blowing her to millions of tiny bits. About half the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. Now it was time for the second half.

Slowly, I turned around to face 17. His eyes were wide and he stared at where 18 was just standing.

"Y-you killed her..." he said blankly. Suddenly, anger took control. "That is something you and your pathetic little family won't live to regret," he threatened.

"Oh, I'm so scared," I said, sarcasm dripping from my words. "I'm going to kill you, and there's nothing you can do about it," I told him darkly.

Suddenly, a memory surfaced. The day Gohan had made Trunks and I his students.

"Promise me you'll leave 17 to me," Trunks had asked.

"I promise," I had told him.

I'm sorry, Monkey Boy. I'm sorry you couldn't take your revenge. But I'll take it for you. I'll won't let Vegeta's death, and all the others, go unnoticed. I promise you that.

I came back to reality in time to see 17 come at me. Drawing back my arm, I put all my power behind the punch. 

It connected with his chest. He flew backwards and through multiple ruins. I transported to where he came out and kicked him up into the air. It was time to finish this and finish it now.

"Ka-Me, Ha-Me," I started, cupping my hands and bringing them back to my side. Just before I released it, a bright yellow blast met 17, killing him.

Shocked, I let the orange Kamehameha die in my hands. Who the hell just killed 17? That's when I felt the energy. Or rather, when I recognized it.

As the Android's killer landed in front of me, my eyes widened and about a trillion emotions flooded through me.

It's not possible.

He left.

He died.

Why am I imagining this?

All these thoughts and more whipped through my head as Trunks walked closer to me.