Chapter Sixteen

"What are you thinking?" Trunks asks me, rubbing my arm. We were sitting in his room, watching a rerun of Once Upon a Time. Trunks didn't really like this show, but I love it.

Biting my lip, I hesitate. Then I sigh. "I'm thinking about tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about you going. Please, let me go instead. Or better yet, don't go at all."

Trunks sighs. "We've talked about this Pigeon. I have to make sure that everything went according to plan. And you have to stay to protect everyone."

It's been three years since Trunks went back in time to deliver our grave news to the Z-Fighters. We're both twenty now. Tomorrow, Trunks is going back in time again to help fight the Androids if necessary. He shouldn't be gone more than two weeks at the very most, but I have a really bad feeling about the trip.

When he first brought up the trip, I immediately insisted that I accompany him. Just like last time, we argued about it. But, this time Trunks won. I would be staying back, but only to fight the Androids, should they launch an attack.

I turn and look at Trunks. "I know why you have to go back. And I know why I have to stay here. I've known about it for three years now, but it doesn't change the fact that I think something bad is gonna happen when you go. Whether it's here, or in the past, I don't know. But, please-" I was cut off my Trunks' lips on mine.

When he pulled back, he was smiling. "You worry too much."

I sighed. "Trunks, just promise me you'll be careful."

Still smiling, he said, "Pigeon, I'm always careful." I close my eyes, then sigh once more. "Pigeon, look at me." Trunks says after a few minutes, placing a hand on my cheek. Leaning into his hand, I open my ice blue eyes, finding his deep blue ones. "I love you, and you know that. I want you to come with me. So badly do I want you to come. But someone needs to stay behind and fight the Androids."

I nod. "I know, I know. And I love you to." He smiled, leaning forward to kiss me again. I met him half way, wrapping my arms around his neck. There we lay, current conversation and T.V. forgotten.

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, Moon was still asleep next to me. I smiled. She looked so peacefully when she was asleep. Brushing a piece of stray hair out of her face, I kissed her cheek.

"Remember Pigeon. Never surrender." I whispered to her. She stirred slightly, and I smiled again. 

I quickly showered and got dressed. Before I walked downstairs, I grabbed my sword, hooking it around my shoulder and under my arm. Moon had gotten it for me for a birthday present.

I sighed, walking down to the kitchen. Mom was already up and eating.

"Morning Trunks." She told me brightly. "You ready to go back again?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I answered, grabbing a Coke out of the fridge. She laughed.

"That's the spirit!" 

I rolled my eyes, quickly chugging the Coke. Throwing it away, I ate a fast breakfast. As I was walking out the back door, Mom stopped me.

"Wait, Trunks."

"Yea?" I asked, turning back around to face her.

"Be careful. Please."

I laughed. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll be fine." I walked back over and hugged her. "Tell Moon I'll see her in two weeks." I said, pulling away and running out the door.

"I will! I love you Trunks!" She called after me.

"I love you to Mom!" I called back, closing the lid on the Time Machine. As it lifted off the ground, I looked at my bedroom window. Moon was watching me. I smiled and waved. She did the same.

Two weeks. You'll see her again in two weeks. I told myself as the early morning scene vanished.

Too bad I was only half right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this one being a short chapter. I just wanted to get something up for you guys. I'll try to make the next one longer.

Also, I have two things I want to ask you guys. First off, who wants me to have a part in Baby Moona's P.O.V.? She'd be one now, but, if you remember from the first two chapters, she'd be aware of everything going on. So, if that's something you'd be interested in, leave a comment and let me know!

The second is, who would like me to do a Dragon Ball/Tokyo Mew Mew cross over fanfic? I have idea's already, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading it. So, also leave in your comment if you'd like me to do that as well! Thanks!