Chapter Twenty-Seven

Blackness.

That's all I could see.

Never ending blackness.

I couldn't feel any part of my body, let alone move it. But I could look around. 

Like there was much too see.

Suddenly, I felt a presence. I turned around, something I found I was now able to do. Behind me stood a little boy. He looked to be about five or six. His hair was midnight black, but some how it stood out from the black background. It stood up in a flame, like Father's. His eyes were bright green and stared at me intently. I could tell that he knew who I was, and some how I knew who he was. My son.

There was no doubt about it. I could see Moon in him just as well as I could see myself in him. As I took the rest of his face in, I found he had a huge smile resting on his lips.

"I found you, daddy," he told me, as if we'd been playing hide-and-seek. Then he turned around and called into the never ending night. "I found daddy!'

A few seconds later, I felt two more energy's. One I knew, the other I didn't.

"Moon," I whispered as she walked into sight. She looked years older then what she was when I left.

In her arms was a little girl. She appeared to be about three years younger then the boy. Her hair was bright red, like her mothers. But she had the ebony colored eyes that Father, Goku, and Gohan had. It was clear that she was also ours.

A warm smile spread across Moon's lips as she saw me take in our children.

"We've been waiting for you, Monkey boy," she told me, joyful. The little girl looked at me, unsure what do. "Soul, this is you're father, Trunks."

Soul looked at me, then smiled to match Moon's.

"Hi daddy," she greeted in a small voice.

I slowly raised an arm and waved. Moon chuckled.

"You've been gone for a while, Daddy," my son tells me, shaking his head.

"Vegeta, be nice," Moon scolds him.

"Sorry," he said. A while? How long is that?

Before I can ask, the three of them look back the way they came.

"Uh-Oh. It's time to go," Soul announces.

Moon nods and takes Vegeta's hand, turning around and walking away.

"Wait!" I call after them, trying to run. "Where are you going?"

They don't answer. Instead they continue to walk away. I try even harder to catch up to my family, but I don't seem to be going anywhere.

Just as I'm about to give up, I see a white light with three people silhouetted.

"Hey! Wait!" I call again. This time it seems that I'm able to move. As I get closer to the light, it becomes more and more blinding. I finally have to cover my eyes, and even then it's intense.

When it finally dies down, I open my eyes. I find that I'm staring at a darkened sky. A yellow light shines over to my side. Three faces stare down at me, but unfortunately, they're aren't the ones of my family.

"Welcome back, buddy," Krillin says, offering me a hand up. I take it and he helps me to my feet. Gohan and Tien back out to give me room. Before I can say anything, I'm pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

"Trunks! Oh thank goodness!" Mom exclaims, hugging me tighter.

"Easy Bulma. You don't want to kill him again, do ya?" Yamacha asks her. She pulls away and glares at him. I shoot him a quick 'thank you' look before looking back at Mom.